[BPQ32] LinBPQ BBS 'import' command.

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2013

      John recently released a  BBS ‘import’ command allowing the Sysop to import bulletin text files into BPQ BBS .. I created a Linux Perl script that will automatically import a suitable text file into BPQ .. (‘suitable’ means text headers like “SB WXPIC @ ZAF < ZS0MEE”, a title, then details, then end with ‘/EX’ for each message) ..

      Using Perl scripts I automatically check for certain weather web pages (my own WAX site) and also currency (forex) sites, scrape the details, format them appropriately into suitable text files, then telnet them into my FBB BBS as bulletins .. Now with the new BPQ BBS ‘import’ command I can do the same using my latest import Perl script  ..

      Now I’m converting all my scripts which telnet to FBB to now import to LinBPQ …

      73, Dick ZS6RO.