RE: [BPQ32] Contemplating a new BPQ/WinFBB setup for my area.

  • David Calder
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 15, 2008
      How did you use both ports on one TNC. Use A and B in Channel like
      I did with the DRSI?

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
        OK, here is my only snag. Which isn't that big a deal it's just going to
        make me use two TNC's when I was hoping to do it with one.

        I can't seem to use the "other" radio port in my 1278. I added a second
        port in bpqcfg.txt file changed the "channel" from A like port one to "B"
        to tell it to use the second radio port of the 1278. It doesn't. It still uses
        the same radio port. The 300 HF baud port.

        This is all I had to do with the DRSI cards was change the channel. I
        guess it doesn't work for a 1278?

        73 Dave

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
          Dave,

          I have been watching your messages about using two ports with BPQ. I
          run an old KAM with BPQ and both ports work just as they are suppose
          to. If you would send your bpqcfg.txt file to kb8dm@... I will
          take a look at it and compare it to my configuration file.

          Again as always your must complile the txt file into bin.

          Karl

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "David Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:

          > OK, here is my only snag. Which isn't that big a deal it's just
          going to
          > make me use two TNC's when I was hoping to do it with one.
          >
          > I can't seem to use the "other" radio port in my 1278. I added a
          second
          > port in bpqcfg.txt file changed the "channel" from A like port one
          to "B"
          > to tell it to use the second radio port of the 1278. It doesn't. It
          still
          > uses
          > the same radio port. The 300 HF baud port.
          >
          > This is all I had to do with the DRSI cards was change the channel.
          > guess it doesn't work for a 1278?
          >
          > 73 Dave
          >

          > _____

          Behalf Of Mike
          > Melnik
          > Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2008 7:51 PM
          > To: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
          > Subject: RE: [BPQ32] Contemplating a new BPQ/WinFBB setup for my
          area.

          > Dave
          >

          > I will send you my port.sys I have only 1 BPQ Port allocated in
          WFBB to
          > handle all the BPQ Ports
          >
          > If you need to vary the Pacl per port this can be done in the
          BPQCFG.TXT
          > just remember to run
          >
          > The BPQCFG.EXE without BPQ/FBB running to compile the BPQCFG.TXT to
          the BIN.

          > Mike Melnik
          > N9PMO
          > E-Mails Scanned By Symantec Corporate A/V

          Behalf Of K.O.

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
            Been running BPQ for 20 years Karl. I understand the compile thing.
            I will send it though. Maybe I'm missing something.

            It come up and compiles with two ports. Shows two ports. I can
            connect to it thru the bbs or BPQ terminal. Pick either port 1 or
            2, it doesn't matter. It still uses the same port on the TNC.

            Thanks for the help.

            73 Dave

            to. If you would send your bpqcfg.txt file to kb8dm@kb8dm. com I will

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
              I may be wrong, but I think that the 1278 is a single port TNC with the the ability to select an HF or VHF modem (like the TNC220), not a dual port TNC with separate HF and VHF channels, like the KAM.

              Regards

              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
                That would explain it John. Thanks. I guess I need to fire up the PK900.

                Dave

                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
                  Karl. Thanks for the offer! It was the 1278. PK900 with two "separate"
                  modems, did the trick.

                  Thanks to ALL for the help the last two days. After 20 years of
                  DOS FBB-BPQ and 16 bit FBB-BPQ, I'm finally in the 21st century.

                  I'm sure going to miss those DRSI cards and external HF modems
                  though.

                  73 Dave