fbb uproto requests.

  • PD0SNK
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
      Hi group.

      When a user asks for unproto beacons with fbb running the beacons are send on all ports.

      Is there an option to setup the port section of bpq that the beacons are only send on the port where the unproto list is asked for ?

      Its quite enoying that all port's are on tx while there is only one user asking for the list.

      Hope someone can help me out.

      i use fbb 7.00i over here. (with fbb 7.01b same problem)

      73 Danny PA2SNK
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
        Danny

        In the bpq32.cfg/Port/ports you do not want the Beacon & UI Frames
        To be sent on, set the UNPROTO= to blank, note this will stop all
        Beacons, BText, Node ID and Broadcast on that port.

        In 7.01-35 if I recall you can set a mask value in BPQ32 Registry
        BPQ.DLL to only transmit the beacon on one or more ports.

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
          Hi Mike,

          Thanks for your quick reply.
          I dont want to stop all unproto/fbb beacons but only let it out on 1 port where the user ask for msg's
          with the old dos bpq and xrouter you can set in fbb for very port its specific params and not as with bpq32 one port in fbb what responds on a request on what bpq ports so ever.

          I think there is a new sort of driver needed where you can setup every fbb port apart.

          Maybe something fr the next bpq32 release.

          > Danny
          >
          > In the bpq32.cfg/Port/ports you do not want the Beacon & UI Frames
          > To be sent on, set the UNPROTO= to blank, note this will stop all
          > Beacons, BText, Node ID and Broadcast on that port.
          >
          > In 7.01-35 if I recall you can set a mask value in BPQ32 Registry
          > BPQ.DLL to only transmit the beacon on one or more ports.
          >

          > Mike N9PMO
          > www.n9pmo.com

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
            Danny

            I have never tried this, but you can try allocating more BPQ ports in
            FBB Port section using the same bpqded32.dll port, if it works you can
            Disable in the ports section of FBB the UI Lists, how ever WinFbb 7.00
            Series not 7.01 sends a raw beacon from the beacon1.sys I suspect it will
            Still send out the FBB Beacon and UI Frames on all ports, if it does only
            send out on port
            1 you would need to add a beacon2.sys, etc. matching the FBB port you are
            using.

            I am not sure if the TFWIN.DLL will allow to be called more then one port.

            Mike N9PMO