Re: [BPQ32] FBB 7.00i & NNTP Accessiblity?

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
      For BPQ, Outpost doesn't need NNTP to access/send bulletins. Outlook does. Both work. I have had issues getting Thunderbird to work with NNTP as well as POP/SMTP so I don't bother with that. I understand others do have Thunderbird working with it. I cannot help you with FBB.
      I've had no problems with the default fonts.
      73
      Dave
      WB2HVF

      On 3/5/2013 10:14 AM, neocharles_kk4hok wrote:

      Last month I had stumbled across a section of the BPQ manual that said something about allowing NNTP access to the BBS, which seemed awesome to me... sounds like it's pretty much what I am using Outpost Packet Manager for right now on my machine, but the chance to have a lot more functionality. (Well, assuming I can figure out how to get the right font on my computer... any tips there?)

      Anyways, talking to a few people in the club that are trying to revitalize packet in the area, I've been informed that we use FBB 7.00 for our BBS - so I was curious - is anyone aware if this is capable of being set up to work in conjunction with NNTP for our users?

      73
      Charles, KK4HOK

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
        Charles

        DOS and Windows version of FBB does not have NNTP, the Linux may have
        Not sure.

        For BPQ NNTP Client setup see:
        http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%2
        0Server%20eMail%20Client%20Configuration.htm

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
          Liunx does have a nntp server, not sure if it's supported under the bpq32 switch, but should operate under linfbb.