FBB 7.00i & NNTP Accessiblity?

  • neocharles_kk4hok
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
      Last month I had stumbled across a section of the BPQ manual that said something about allowing NNTP access to the BBS, which seemed awesome to me... sounds like it's pretty much what I am using Outpost Packet Manager for right now on my machine, but the chance to have a lot more functionality. (Well, assuming I can figure out how to get the right font on my computer... any tips there?)

      Anyways, talking to a few people in the club that are trying to revitalize packet in the area, I've been informed that we use FBB 7.00 for our BBS - so I was curious - is anyone aware if this is capable of being set up to work in conjunction with NNTP for our users?

      73
      Charles, KK4HOK
    • Dave

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 5, 2013
          Charles

          DOS and Windows version of FBB does not have NNTP, the Linux may have
          Not sure.

          For BPQ NNTP Client setup see:
          http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/BPQ%20Mail%20and%20Chat%2
          0Server%20eMail%20Client%20Configuration.htm

          Mike N9PMO