RE: [BPQ32] Contemplating a new BPQ/WinFBB setup for my area.

  • David Calder
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 15 4:58 PM
      That's all I ever did also. I (BPQ) port in FBB and then all the ports in
      BPQ to handle the radios. Connect to the BPQ node, then tell it what
      port to connect out of.

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 15 5:00 PM
        How did you use both ports on one TNC. Use A and B in Channel like
        I did with the DRSI?

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 16 4:30 AM
          OK, here is my only snag. Which isn't that big a deal it's just going to
          make me use two TNC's when I was hoping to do it with one.

          I can't seem to use the "other" radio port in my 1278. I added a second
          port in bpqcfg.txt file changed the "channel" from A like port one to "B"
          to tell it to use the second radio port of the 1278. It doesn't. It still uses
          the same radio port. The 300 HF baud port.

          This is all I had to do with the DRSI cards was change the channel. I
          guess it doesn't work for a 1278?

          73 Dave

          David Calder wrote:

          > It's still in the task bar. How do I shut it down? Re-booting is not
          > an option as there is two DX Cluster nodes on this machine.
          >
          > What's the name of the process? Anyone know? I'll end it.
          >
          > Thanks for the fast response guys. This is great...

        • Karl
          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 16 6:13 AM
            Dave,

            I have been watching your messages about using two ports with BPQ. I
            run an old KAM with BPQ and both ports work just as they are suppose
            to. If you would send your bpqcfg.txt file to kb8dm@... I will
            take a look at it and compare it to my configuration file.

            Again as always your must complile the txt file into bin.

            Karl

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "David Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:

            > OK, here is my only snag. Which isn't that big a deal it's just
            going to
            > make me use two TNC's when I was hoping to do it with one.
            >
            > I can't seem to use the "other" radio port in my 1278. I added a
            second
            > port in bpqcfg.txt file changed the "channel" from A like port one
            to "B"
            > to tell it to use the second radio port of the 1278. It doesn't. It
            still
            > uses
            > the same radio port. The 300 HF baud port.
            >
            > This is all I had to do with the DRSI cards was change the channel.
            > guess it doesn't work for a 1278?
            >
            > 73 Dave
            >

            > _____

            Behalf Of Mike

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 16 6:29 AM
              Been running BPQ for 20 years Karl. I understand the compile thing.
              I will send it though. Maybe I'm missing something.

              It come up and compiles with two ports. Shows two ports. I can
              connect to it thru the bbs or BPQ terminal. Pick either port 1 or
              2, it doesn't matter. It still uses the same port on the TNC.

              Thanks for the help.

              73 Dave

              to. If you would send your bpqcfg.txt file to kb8dm@kb8dm. com I will

              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 16 6:38 AM
                I may be wrong, but I think that the 1278 is a single port TNC with the the ability to select an HF or VHF modem (like the TNC220), not a dual port TNC with separate HF and VHF channels, like the KAM.

                Regards

                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 16 6:44 AM
                  That would explain it John. Thanks. I guess I need to fire up the PK900.

                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 16 9:28 AM
                    Karl. Thanks for the offer! It was the 1278. PK900 with two "separate"
                    modems, did the trick.

                    Thanks to ALL for the help the last two days. After 20 years of
                    DOS FBB-BPQ and 16 bit FBB-BPQ, I'm finally in the 21st century.

                    I'm sure going to miss those DRSI cards and external HF modems
                    though.

                    73 Dave