RE: [BPQ32] RE: LinBPQ BBS forwarding ..

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 4, 2013

      Aha  Peter, that’s great news and makes me very happy – thanks for doing the tests - *Grin … I can now get my FBB partners moved over to LinBPQ BBS and then stop the FBB BBS … I got a positive email reply from my one partner down south of South Africa, so will start with him and then move on to the next FBB partner …

      You can take away the FBB connection to my LinBPQ or leave it there – as you wish … We do have our BPQ BBS’s talking to each other so is really duplication .. And one of these days/weeks my FBB BBS will be switched off …

      Peter, as a matter of interest I have my LinBPQ working with “CHAT” and had a longish chat with Mike VE3UIL and John GM8BPQ and learned some more regarding LinBPQ …..

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      On 05/03/13 02:58, Dick wrote:

      John, I know we have been down this road a few times before - I only use the example for testing, nothing else …

      You mention “BPQTermTCP”, where can I get a copy so I can try it out (I assume on a Windows machine) …

      That’s why I set up Peter (LinBPQ) as a BBS and asked him to try and connect using his FBB BBS – I don’t have any luck from my local end … But he says he has hassles connecting, but then it may have been that I hadn’t set a password yet – I have now – just waiting for him to get up and read this lot - *Smile ..

      You say you used BPQTermTCP and connected to my telnet session BBS on 6302 ??? …  Interesting …

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Hi Dick, John,

                          It all works well now that you have set me up Dick.

      [PORT 2 (TELNET) - 30 - ZS0MEE-0] 11:47 Connect

      RONODE:ZS6RO-14} Connected to BBS
      [BPQ-6.0.0.92-B12FWIHJM$]
      ZS0MEE >
      [FBB-7.05d-AHM$]

      SB 44 @ WW < SR8BBS $43NSR8BBS004
      N - BID

      SB TODAY @ WW < N0KFQ $36762_KB0WSA
      N - BID

      SB WP @ WW < PY1AYH $16511_PY1AYH
      N - BID

      SB SATDIG @ WW < CX2SA $AMSATBB873
      N - BID

      SB SWPC @ WW < CX2SA $3999-CX2SA
      N - BID

      [PORT 2 (TELNET) - 30 - ZS0MEE-0] 11:47 Disconnect

      Regards ..... Peter

    • Richard
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 5, 2013

        Peter, go to  http://guardian.no-ip.org:88/bpqmap/ChatNetwork.htm ... Notice where you situated ???? … On the equator !!!!!!!

        Work out your co-ordinates in decimal format and then in your BPQ web page in Chat configuration, in “Map Position”, enter your co-ords there .. Mine are “-26.25536 27.92135” … Once you click on “Update Maps”, look at the above URL again and if you got it right, you should be down on that ‘little’ island down deep south *Grin …

        73, Dick ZS6RO.