Re: [BPQ32] RE: LinBPQ BBS forwarding ..

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 3, 2013
      On 04/03/13 11:56, John Wiseman wrote:

      Yes, it applies to both.

      If you have both set and it is working it probably isn't worth worrying about.

      Hi John,

                 I have now tested and outside telnet to port 8010.

      The USER line needs at very least

      USER=zl2bau,3virgo1,zl2bau

      and to login into the bbs directly

      USER=zl2bau,3virgo1,zl2bau,BPQBBS

      Everything working as it should. (in my case)

      So anyone who wants to have a telnet session with LinBPQ, must get the sysop to set a USER line or else a Netrom connect from a node as this does not require a USER line set.

      Regards ..... Peter

      Regards ..... Peter

    • Richard
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 5, 2013

        Peter, go to  http://guardian.no-ip.org:88/bpqmap/ChatNetwork.htm ... Notice where you situated ???? … On the equator !!!!!!!

        Work out your co-ordinates in decimal format and then in your BPQ web page in Chat configuration, in “Map Position”, enter your co-ords there .. Mine are “-26.25536 27.92135” … Once you click on “Update Maps”, look at the above URL again and if you got it right, you should be down on that ‘little’ island down deep south *Grin …

        73, Dick ZS6RO.