Re: [BPQ32] RE: LinBPQ BBS forwarding ..

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 3, 2013
      On 04/03/13 11:56, John Wiseman wrote:

      Yes, it applies to both.

      If you have both set and it is working it probably isn't worth worrying about.

      Hi John,

                 I have been doing some experiments with the FBB forward file and LinBPQ USER line.

      In FBB, you must have the $WBBS$W at the end of the login line. (or whatever your BBS ALIAS is)

      In LinBPQ, you must have at least, USER=zl2bau,password,zl2bau

      Any other combination and the connect fails, this to me looks like it should be the way for it to work.

      In my case, the 4th parameter in the USER line did nothing on the FBB forward but may very well work correctly on a manual connect from the outside world which I have not tried as yet.

      Regards ..... Peter

    • Richard
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 5, 2013

        Peter, go to  http://guardian.no-ip.org:88/bpqmap/ChatNetwork.htm ... Notice where you situated ???? … On the equator !!!!!!!

        Work out your co-ordinates in decimal format and then in your BPQ web page in Chat configuration, in “Map Position”, enter your co-ords there .. Mine are “-26.25536 27.92135” … Once you click on “Update Maps”, look at the above URL again and if you got it right, you should be down on that ‘little’ island down deep south *Grin …

        73, Dick ZS6RO.