RE: [BPQ32] Contemplating a new BPQ/WinFBB setup for my area.

  • David Calder
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 15, 2008
      Wallah!!! 20 Meter port up running a 1278B in KISS and also using
      a USB to serial adapter! I have got to re-wire the cable to the
      Yaesu FT-840 I used though. Right now I have it on my FT-2000!

      Thanks all. Now to get the other port of it to work at the same time.

      Dave

      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 15, 2008

        Dave

        I will send you my port.sys I have only 1 BPQ Port allocated in WFBB to handle all the BPQ Ports

        If you need to vary the Pacl per port this can be done in the BPQCFG.TXT just remember to run

        The BPQCFG.EXE without BPQ/FBB running to compile the BPQCFG.TXT to the BIN.

        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 15, 2008
          That's all I ever did also. I (BPQ) port in FBB and then all the ports in
          BPQ to handle the radios. Connect to the BPQ node, then tell it what
          port to connect out of.

          Message 4 of 21 , Mar 15, 2008
            How did you use both ports on one TNC. Use A and B in Channel like
            I did with the DRSI?

            Message 5 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
              OK, here is my only snag. Which isn't that big a deal it's just going to
              make me use two TNC's when I was hoping to do it with one.

              I can't seem to use the "other" radio port in my 1278. I added a second
              port in bpqcfg.txt file changed the "channel" from A like port one to "B"
              to tell it to use the second radio port of the 1278. It doesn't. It still uses
              the same radio port. The 300 HF baud port.

              This is all I had to do with the DRSI cards was change the channel. I
              guess it doesn't work for a 1278?

              73 Dave

              David Calder wrote:

              > It's still in the task bar. How do I shut it down? Re-booting is not
              > an option as there is two DX Cluster nodes on this machine.
              >
              > What's the name of the process? Anyone know? I'll end it.
              >
              > Thanks for the fast response guys. This is great...

            • Karl
              Message 6 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
                Dave,

                I have been watching your messages about using two ports with BPQ. I
                run an old KAM with BPQ and both ports work just as they are suppose
                to. If you would send your bpqcfg.txt file to kb8dm@... I will
                take a look at it and compare it to my configuration file.

                Again as always your must complile the txt file into bin.

                Karl

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "David Calder" <n4zkf@...> wrote:

                > OK, here is my only snag. Which isn't that big a deal it's just
                going to
                > make me use two TNC's when I was hoping to do it with one.
                >
                > I can't seem to use the "other" radio port in my 1278. I added a
                second
                > port in bpqcfg.txt file changed the "channel" from A like port one
                to "B"
                > to tell it to use the second radio port of the 1278. It doesn't. It
                still
                > uses
                > the same radio port. The 300 HF baud port.
                >
                > This is all I had to do with the DRSI cards was change the channel.
                > guess it doesn't work for a 1278?
                >
                > 73 Dave
                >

                > _____

                Behalf Of Mike

                Message 7 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
                  Been running BPQ for 20 years Karl. I understand the compile thing.
                  I will send it though. Maybe I'm missing something.

                  It come up and compiles with two ports. Shows two ports. I can
                  connect to it thru the bbs or BPQ terminal. Pick either port 1 or
                  2, it doesn't matter. It still uses the same port on the TNC.

                  Thanks for the help.

                  73 Dave

                  to. If you would send your bpqcfg.txt file to kb8dm@kb8dm. com I will

                  Message 8 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
                    I may be wrong, but I think that the 1278 is a single port TNC with the the ability to select an HF or VHF modem (like the TNC220), not a dual port TNC with separate HF and VHF channels, like the KAM.

                    Regards

                    Message 9 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
                      That would explain it John. Thanks. I guess I need to fire up the PK900.

                      Dave

                      Message 10 of 21 , Mar 16, 2008
                        Karl. Thanks for the offer! It was the 1278. PK900 with two "separate"
                        modems, did the trick.

                        Thanks to ALL for the help the last two days. After 20 years of
                        DOS FBB-BPQ and 16 bit FBB-BPQ, I'm finally in the 21st century.

                        I'm sure going to miss those DRSI cards and external HF modems
                        though.

                        73 Dave