RE: [BPQ32] RE: LinBPQ BBS forwarding ..

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 3, 2013

      Thanks John, appreciate that … It must be possible and you say there are working systems out there – I am probably forgetting something when I try …

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      It should be possible to forward via telnet from an FBB system to LinBPQ. Plenty of people are doing it using the windows version (which comes from the same source) and at least one from LinBPQ. I'm travelling at the moment, but when I get back I'll set up an FBB system, and once it is working send you a copy of my config,

      73, John

      I understand and respect your feelings John - I am using the LinBPQ connect scripts to connect to BBS’s which are listed in the Node list .. I used to have many radio BBS forwarding links, HF and VHF, including Pactor, but they have all fallen by the wayside over the years *Sigh …

      At present I have a LinFBB BBS running (for years) and forward to a number of other FBB BBS’s worldwide ..

      I have set up LinBPQ and want to make it my ‘main’ BBS (my ‘only’ BBS) and then remove my LinFBB BBS ̷ 0; That will possibly mean that I cannot initiate a BBS forward from my LinBPQ BBS to my current forwarding FBB BBS partners ..

      I have been unable to initiate a BBS forward from my FBB BBS to my LinBPQ BBS via a telnet session (and I’ve tried everything I know) – if I can’t get a FBB telnet session going, how can I help any FBB partner wishing to forward to my LinBPQ ?? ..

      By creating a Node for my FBB BBS in XR32, I can initiate a connect from LinBPQ BBS to LinFBB BBS via the Node List but my other FBB partners aren’t necessarily in the position to set up their BBS’s in Node Lists .. Two of my FBB fo rwarding partners are in South Africa and I have contacted one of them (approx 1000km away) to see if he will convert to LinBPQ, waiting for a response from him – another possible Node in South Africa !!

      73. Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Dick,

      The BBS forwarding has a connect script, so can connect to a remote site vis a node that in the list, or can connect directly via hf or vhf to another station.

      I will never write a Telnet Client for general forwarding (the code does have one to connect to the Winlink system). This is something I feel very strongly (probably obsessively so) about.

      73, John

      My understanding is that LinBPQ can initiate a BBS forward to a BBS that is on the Node List only ..

      Is there any way to initiate from a LinBPQ BBS, a BBS forward to a BBS that is NOT on the Node List ??? .. Maybe LinBPQ needs a telnet Client ??

      73, Dick ZS6RO.

    • Richard
      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 5, 2013

        Peter, go to  http://guardian.no-ip.org:88/bpqmap/ChatNetwork.htm ... Notice where you situated ???? … On the equator !!!!!!!

        Work out your co-ordinates in decimal format and then in your BPQ web page in Chat configuration, in “Map Position”, enter your co-ords there .. Mine are “-26.25536 27.92135” … Once you click on “Update Maps”, look at the above URL again and if you got it right, you should be down on that ‘little’ island down deep south *Grin …

        73, Dick ZS6RO.