RE: [BPQ32] RE: LinBPQ BBS forwarding ..

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 3, 2013

      I understand and respect your feelings John - I am using the LinBPQ connect scripts to connect to BBS’s which are listed in the Node list .. I used to have many radio BBS forwarding links, HF and VHF, including Pactor, but they have all fallen by the wayside over the years *Sigh …

      At present I have a LinFBB BBS running (for years) and forward to a number of other FBB BBS’s worldwide ..

      I have set up LinBPQ and want to make it my ‘main’ BBS (my ‘only’ BBS) and then remove my LinFBB BBS … That will possibly mean that I cannot initiate a BBS forward from my LinBPQ BBS to my current forwarding FBB BBS partners ..

      I have been unable to initiate a BBS forward from my FBB BBS to my LinBPQ BBS via a telnet session (and I’ve tried everything I know) – if I can’t get a FBB telnet session going, how can I help any FBB partner wishing to forward to my LinBPQ ?? ..

      By creating a Node for my FBB BBS in XR32, I can initiate a connect from LinBPQ BBS to LinFBB BBS via the Node List but my other FBB partners aren’t necessarily in the position to set up their BBS’s in Node Lists .. Two of my FBB forwarding partners are in South Africa and I have contacted one of them (approx 1000km away) to see if he will convert to LinBPQ, waiting for a response from him – another possible Node in South Africa !!

      73. Dick ZS6RO

      Message 34 of 34 , Mar 5, 2013

        Peter, go to  http://guardian.no-ip.org:88/bpqmap/ChatNetwork.htm ... Notice where you situated ???? … On the equator !!!!!!!

        Work out your co-ordinates in decimal format and then in your BPQ web page in Chat configuration, in “Map Position”, enter your co-ords there .. Mine are “-26.25536 27.92135” … Once you click on “Update Maps”, look at the above URL again and if you got it right, you should be down on that ‘little’ island down deep south *Grin …

        73, Dick ZS6RO.