Re: Receive bulletins via BPQ32 email server/ POP3 client?

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013
      Oh my, that is elegant.

      I actually set up NNTP access before POP3, but never got any messages or errors so I just moved on. This is my first time actually using Thunderbird, although I have used NNTP since the 80s.

      1. Turns out once you have BPQ32 added as a news server you have to right-click on the server in the sidebar and choose Subscribe... This is the step I had missed.

      2. The bulletins will appear under the current group list in a hierarchy by AT address, shown as NAME.GROUP instead of name@group.

      3. Click the down arrows to expand the tree and check the check box next to the bulletin addresses you want to receive in the news feed.

      4. When you close the Subscribe box you will see a tree under the server in the sidebar that lists the bulletins you have subscribed to.

      5. Expand the tree and click the subgroups to view the messages.

      Very nice!

      Thank you very much for the reply and all the help.

      73

      Mike

      > Mike,
      >
      > Only P mails are send via POP3. Bulletins can be send or received via NNTP.
      > Add a Newsgroup account to Thunderbird, and set it to connect to your
      > BPQMail.
      >
      > 73, John
      >
      > _____

    • Jerry
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 27, 2013

        Mike.. Log into my Xrouter PC and open my email outlook express… NNTP is setup in there.. Under Packet Bulletins…  J

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013

          VNC… TV Does not work with Win Server unless you pay out the ***

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2013
            Mike

            Retrieving bulletins via Tbird works fine as outline by John.

            I use it here. However there is bug in Tbird such that if the number of bulletins is low or few new bulletins appear, then Tbird gives an error message saying that "the newsgroup does not appear on the server do you want to unsubscribe."

            Mozilla identified this bug some time ago but I have not heard of any fix for this yet.