LinBPQ

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 24 , Feb 27, 2013

      John, my LinBPQ BBS is ZS0MEE .. My callsign is ZS6RO.

      I often get personal mail sent To: ZS0MEE .. What mechanism is available to automatically change To: ZS0MEE  to To: ZS6ro, so that when I want my mail it is sent to ZS6RO instead of ZS0MEE ??

      I understand that if mail is sent To SYSOP, and by flagging the relevant user’s tick-box, Sysop messages will be sent to that user ..

      73, Dick ZS6RO

    • Richard
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 13, 2013

        John, my LinBPQ keeps restarting every 20 minutes ..

        In ‘syslog’ I get :

        Dec 13 22:42:10 ham-radio kernel: [42854.251342] linbpq[29060]: segfault at 96a1000 ip b75fe712 sp bfd80c38 error 6 in libc-2.17.so[b74bf000+1ae000]” ..

        Does this have a bearing on the problem ??

        This Friday morning at 04:45 local time we had a power failure and only returned around 08:00 .. Maybe some file became corrupt ??

        73,Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 14, 2013

          John, did you miss this email ???

          John, my LinBPQ keeps restarting every 20 minutes ..

          In ‘syslog’ I get :

          Dec 13 22:42:10 ham-radio kernel: [42854.251342] linbpq[29060]: segfault at 96a1000 ip b75fe712 sp bfd80c38 error 6 in libc-2.17.so[b74bf000+1ae000]” ..

          Does this have a bearing on the problem ??

          This Friday morning at 04:45 local time we had a power failure and only returned around 08:00 .. Maybe some file became corrupt ?? … (Edit: I actually got this error message the day before, so it wasn’t the power failure causing his … When I check personal messages I find about a 120 odd housekeeping message for me!) …

          73,Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB

          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 14, 2013
            No, but not sure what to suggest....

            Is it exactly 20 minutes (or exacty the same interval)?

            Is there anything common in syslog just before it restarts?

            The error is in the c runtime, so it is more difficult to track down than errors in my code.

            It might also be worth enabling core dumps if you haven't already done so - run ulimit -c unlimited before linbpq.

            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 14, 2013

              Its virtually ‘every 20 minutes’ John … There is nothing common that I can see in ‘syslog.sys’ .. Before each error message there are different statements before the error message …  I’ll try the core dump and see what that gives …

              What I do find is that it’s just LinBPQ  that restarts on my server … Every time it does this, it appears as if LinBPQ ‘forgets where my last message counter as each time I do a ‘L’ I get the ALL messages listed the first time I log in ..

              I’ve switched off housekeeping messages as it gave a message regarding housekeeping every time LinBPQ rebooted every 20 minutes (that’s 72 messages each day) ..

              I had the LinBPQ POP3 account being checked every 20 minutes so changed to 30 minutes – LinBPQ still reboots every 20 minutes ..

              I have no idea why the 20 minute reboot takes place ….

              73, Dick

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 14, 2013
                Dick,

                The Last Listed count is only saved when a user disconenects cleanly (so if a connection drops during a listing you can do it again). If the program crashes while you are still connected it won't be saved.

                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 14, 2013

                  John, I am aware that one has to disconnect cleanly – I should have mentioned that – that is what I do here – log off ‘cleanly’ …

                  But somehow the ‘count’ is getting lost ??? ..

                  73, Dick

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Message 8 of 24 , Sep 11, 2015

                    Hi group

                      I installed the lastest update for LinBPQ and now nothing is working.

                    I get this error message when starting LinBPQ

                     error while loading shared libraries: libpcap.so.0.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

                                        Any ideas  Randy K8KHW

                  • kb9rrx2002
                    Message 9 of 24 , Sep 11, 2015
                      You'll have to install the libpcap dev library. With the debian distro use the following
                      sudo apt-get install libpcap-dev. That will solve the problem. 73
                      Message 10 of 24 , Sep 11, 2015
                        Try

                        sudo apt-get install libpcap0.8 (or the equivalent for your distribution)

                        Message 11 of 24 , Sep 11, 2015
                          Hi John

                            That seem to have taken care of the issue. Thanks for the quick reply.

                                                  Randy K8KHW

                        • n9lya
                          Message 12 of 24 , Sep 12, 2015
                            Mine works (new version) and it shows that lib as not being installed?????
                            Will install it anyway..

                            73 jerry
                          • k8khw
                            Message 13 of 24 , Sep 12, 2015
                              Hi Jerry

                                Mine would not start up at all it would send the error of that lib missing
                              everytime, as soon as I installed it per John's instructions all was good.

                                          Randy K8KHW

                            • n9lya
                              Message 14 of 24 , Sep 12, 2015
                                Cool.. Mine seems ok and I also installed that Lib File.. :)
                                Thanks Jerry