RE: [BPQ32] LinBPQ Mail Import

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

      Hmmmm – installed and came up fine .. From the web pages, I can visit ‘configuration’, ‘forwarding’ but ‘users’ show an empty windows (no messages) .. By that time LinBPQ has crashed and says “Segmentation fault (core dumped) and then Linux prompt ..

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      RIchard,

      A normal user can upload a message, but only a BBS can use the <call construct,. as I see that as a security issue

      I've implemented an IMPORT Filename command, which requires SYSOP status, and reads all the messages from Filename. The format is the normal

      SP/SB

      Subject

      Body

      /EX

      SP/SB

      Subject

      Body

      /EX

      ..

      There is no mechanism to drive this from a timer at the moment.

      I've just uploaded the files - version 6.0.0.88

      73, John

    • Richard

        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

          Tested a telnet session as Sysop … Import works great and even takes a FBB-generated text file with the “< callsign” – thanks John – now if there was a ‘timer’ Hmmmm …

          The crash still occurs if I go to the ‘message’ web page ….

          73, Dick ZS6RO

          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
            Sorry abut that.

            The routines I used for the case insensitive filters seem to behave differently on Linux.

            I've uploaded a fix - now version .89

            73, John

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

              Great John – ‘messages’ web page works again … Can you include in a future version, when the import has taken place, the relevant text file is deleted ??

              I also noticed that while importing, each message that is rejected is displayed as ‘BID –NO’ and so on, but when any message is accepted, nothing is displayed except until at the end of the import task when it may say ‘2 message…’ - I then must do a “L” to display what was accepted – not a train smash …

              Nice feature – thanks for doing it so promptly - appreciated … The ‘timer’ function would be the cherry on top *Grin …

              73, Dick ZS6RO

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
                Richard,

                It is supposed to display the header from each message. I get

                import import.txt
                SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0001 < G8BPQ
                SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0002 < G8BPQ
                SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0003 < G8BPQ
                3 Messages Processed
                John de G8BPQ>

                Don't you see that?

                John

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                  Yes, I get the

                  SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0001 < G8BPQ’

                  ‘BID – NO’

                  But I never saw the entry when the message was accepted – may not have looked hard enough - *Sigh ????? .. Let me create a test file quickly – OK, I created a ‘sp zs6ro” and then imported it – see below: (Note that I created “sp zs6ro”, not “SP ZS6RO” – may be an idea to uppercase the displayed text?).

                  I couldn’t find the message !!!!!!!

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  ZS0MEE >

                  sp zs6ro

                  1 Messages Processed

                  ZS0MEE >

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  73, Dick ZS6RO

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
                    Although displayed as input, the call should be comverted to upper case when the message is stored.

                    If the message is accepted, it just displays the header line. If rejected it also displays the reason.

                    The LOG_BBS file also records the transactions.

                    John

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                        Interesting … I found that my test text file had a space in front of the ‘sp’ – “ sp zs6ro’ – this was still ‘accepted’ - but didn’t show up in the List … I tried with a ‘sp zs6ro’ – no leading whitespaces and it worked – I could list and read and delete it …

                        Sorry for the ‘red herring’ !!!

                        73, Dick ZS6RO

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                          John, note in my log file the first time I imported, the " sp zs6ro' had a space in front. It says 'accepted' but no follow up afterwards ...

                          Note the 2nd and 3rd import entries, they both show the actual 'processing' taking place afterwards .. It would appear that a leading space causes an issue ..

                          130224 14:13:26 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                          130224 14:13:33 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                          130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO      sp zs6ro

                          130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO      sp zs6ro

                          130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     OK

                          130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                          130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                          130224 14:21:26 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                          130224 14:21:32 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                          130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     SP ZS6RO

                          130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     SP ZS6RO

                          130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     OK

                          130224 14:21:33 ?ZS6RO     Msg 1180 Routing Trace To ZS6RO Via

                          130224 14:21:33 ?ZS6RO     Routing Trace Type P TO ZS6RO VIA  Route On (null) (null) (null) (null) (null)

                          130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     >

                          130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                          130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                          130224 14:38:04 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                          130224 14:38:12 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                          130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     sp zs6ro

                          130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     sp zs6ro

                          130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     OK

                          130224 14:38:12 ?ZS6RO     Msg 1182 Routing Trace To ZS6RO Via

                          130224 14:38:12 ?ZS6RO     Routing Trace Type P TO ZS6RO VIA  Route On (null) (null) (null) (null) (null)

                          130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     >

                          130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                          130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                          73, Dick ZS6RO