LinBPQ Mail Import

    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
      RIchard,

      A normal user can upload a message, but only a BBS can use the <call construct,. as I see that as a security issue

      I've implemented an IMPORT Filename command, which requires SYSOP status, and reads all the messages from Filename. The format is the normal

      SP/SB
      Subject
      Body
      /EX
      SP/SB
      Subject
      Body
      /EX
      ..

      There is no mechanism to drive this from a timer at the moment.

      I've just uploaded the files - version 6.0.0.88

      73, John

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

        Hmmmm – installed and came up fine .. From the web pages, I can visit ‘configuration’, ‘forwarding’ but ‘users’ show an empty windows (no messages) .. By that time LinBPQ has crashed and says “Segmentation fault (core dumped) and then Linux prompt ..

        73, Dick ZS6RO

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        RIchard,

        A normal user can upload a message, but only a BBS can use the <call construct,. as I see that as a security issue

        I've implemented an IMPORT Filename command, which requires SYSOP status, and reads all the messages from Filename. The format is the normal

        SP/SB

        Subject

        Body

        /EX

        SP/SB

        Subject

        Body

        /EX

        ..

        There is no mechanism to drive this from a timer at the moment.

        I've just uploaded the files - version 6.0.0.88

        73, John

      • Richard

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

            Tested a telnet session as Sysop … Import works great and even takes a FBB-generated text file with the “< callsign” – thanks John – now if there was a ‘timer’ Hmmmm …

            The crash still occurs if I go to the ‘message’ web page ….

            73, Dick ZS6RO

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
              Sorry abut that.

              The routines I used for the case insensitive filters seem to behave differently on Linux.

              I've uploaded a fix - now version .89

              73, John

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                Great John – ‘messages’ web page works again … Can you include in a future version, when the import has taken place, the relevant text file is deleted ??

                I also noticed that while importing, each message that is rejected is displayed as ‘BID –NO’ and so on, but when any message is accepted, nothing is displayed except until at the end of the import task when it may say ‘2 message…’ - I then must do a “L” to display what was accepted – not a train smash …

                Nice feature – thanks for doing it so promptly - appreciated … The ‘timer’ function would be the cherry on top *Grin …

                73, Dick ZS6RO

                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
                  Richard,

                  It is supposed to display the header from each message. I get

                  import import.txt
                  SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0001 < G8BPQ
                  SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0002 < G8BPQ
                  SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0003 < G8BPQ
                  3 Messages Processed
                  John de G8BPQ>

                  Don't you see that?

                  John

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                    Yes, I get the

                    SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0001 < G8BPQ’

                    ‘BID – NO’

                    But I never saw the entry when the message was accepted – may not have looked hard enough - *Sigh ????? .. Let me create a test file quickly – OK, I created a ‘sp zs6ro” and then imported it – see below: (Note that I created “sp zs6ro”, not “SP ZS6RO” – may be an idea to uppercase the displayed text?).

                    I couldn’t find the message !!!!!!!

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    ZS0MEE >

                    sp zs6ro

                    1 Messages Processed

                    ZS0MEE >

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    73, Dick ZS6RO

                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
                      Although displayed as input, the call should be comverted to upper case when the message is stored.

                      If the message is accepted, it just displays the header line. If rejected it also displays the reason.

                      The LOG_BBS file also records the transactions.

                      John

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                          Interesting … I found that my test text file had a space in front of the ‘sp’ – “ sp zs6ro’ – this was still ‘accepted’ - but didn’t show up in the List … I tried with a ‘sp zs6ro’ – no leading whitespaces and it worked – I could list and read and delete it …

                          Sorry for the ‘red herring’ !!!

                          73, Dick ZS6RO

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                            John, note in my log file the first time I imported, the " sp zs6ro' had a space in front. It says 'accepted' but no follow up afterwards ...

                            Note the 2nd and 3rd import entries, they both show the actual 'processing' taking place afterwards .. It would appear that a leading space causes an issue ..

                            130224 14:13:26 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                            130224 14:13:33 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                            130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO      sp zs6ro

                            130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO      sp zs6ro

                            130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     OK

                            130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                            130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                            130224 14:21:26 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                            130224 14:21:32 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                            130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     SP ZS6RO

                            130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     SP ZS6RO

                            130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     OK

                            130224 14:21:33 ?ZS6RO     Msg 1180 Routing Trace To ZS6RO Via

                            130224 14:21:33 ?ZS6RO     Routing Trace Type P TO ZS6RO VIA  Route On (null) (null) (null) (null) (null)

                            130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     >

                            130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                            130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                            130224 14:38:04 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                            130224 14:38:12 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                            130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     sp zs6ro

                            130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     sp zs6ro

                            130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     OK

                            130224 14:38:12 ?ZS6RO     Msg 1182 Routing Trace To ZS6RO Via

                            130224 14:38:12 ?ZS6RO     Routing Trace Type P TO ZS6RO VIA  Route On (null) (null) (null) (null) (null)

                            130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     >

                            130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                            130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                            73, Dick ZS6RO