RE: [BPQ32] [LinBPQ]

  • Richard
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

      Thanks John, looking forward to that version .. Would there be a way of something similar to FBB where a directory is also used to hold a text file which gets ‘sucked’ into LinBPQ?? .. Why I ask is that I have written PHP and Perl scripts to automate a lot of things, using a ‘mail.in’ directory ..  Must admit I also have scripts for telnet sessions (much cleaner) which connect and pass text to FBB – works well – and FBB doesn’t require that the connection must be from a BBS – a user can connect and upload a text file …

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      The windows version had an import option. It isn't in the current LinBPQ, but will be in the next version.

      73, John

      I would like to ‘import’ messages/bulletins from ASCII text files which were created by a LinFBB BBS (ZS0MEE) to LinBPQ .. The only way I can see it being done is by a telnet session to LinBPQ .. In FBB one can copy a suitable text file to a directory and on the next minute FBB will ‘suck’ the contents of the text file into its system ..

      But when I do try a telnet session, LinBPQ complains that I must be a BBS !! .. The very first line e.g. “SB SARL @ ZAF $ENG20130224 < ZS0MEE” is what triggers the error message .  Apparently the “<” is the culprit ..

      I can log into LinBPQ with a telnet session but when I try typing ‘[BPQ-6.0.0.85-IHJM$]’ to fool LinBPQ into thinking I am a BBS, LinBPQ isn’t fooled !! …

      Any thoughts on this problem ???

      73, Dick ZS6RO

      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
        RIchard,

        A normal user can upload a message, but only a BBS can use the <call construct,. as I see that as a security issue

        I've implemented an IMPORT Filename command, which requires SYSOP status, and reads all the messages from Filename. The format is the normal

        SP/SB
        Subject
        Body
        /EX
        SP/SB
        Subject
        Body
        /EX
        ..

        There is no mechanism to drive this from a timer at the moment.

        I've just uploaded the files - version 6.0.0.88

        73, John

[...]

        < span lang="EN-ZA" style="font-size:14.0pt;color:#1F497D;">73, Dick ZS6RO

      • Richard

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

              Tested a telnet session as Sysop … Import works great and even takes a FBB-generated text file with the “< callsign” – thanks John – now if there was a ‘timer’ Hmmmm …

              The crash still occurs if I go to the ‘message’ web page ….

              73, Dick ZS6RO

              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
                Sorry abut that.

                The routines I used for the case insensitive filters seem to behave differently on Linux.

                I've uploaded a fix - now version .89

                73, John

                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                  Great John – ‘messages’ web page works again … Can you include in a future version, when the import has taken place, the relevant text file is deleted ??

                  I also noticed that while importing, each message that is rejected is displayed as ‘BID –NO’ and so on, but when any message is accepted, nothing is displayed except until at the end of the import task when it may say ‘2 message…’ - I then must do a “L” to display what was accepted – not a train smash …

                  Nice feature – thanks for doing it so promptly - appreciated … The ‘timer’ function would be the cherry on top *Grin …

                  73, Dick ZS6RO

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
                    Richard,

                    It is supposed to display the header from each message. I get

                    import import.txt
                    SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0001 < G8BPQ
                    SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0002 < G8BPQ
                    SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0003 < G8BPQ
                    3 Messages Processed
                    John de G8BPQ>

                    Don't you see that?

                    John

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                      Yes, I get the

                      SB ALL @ GBR $BPQ0001 < G8BPQ’

                      ‘BID – NO’

                      But I never saw the entry when the message was accepted – may not have looked hard enough - *Sigh ????? .. Let me create a test file quickly – OK, I created a ‘sp zs6ro” and then imported it – see below: (Note that I created “sp zs6ro”, not “SP ZS6RO” – may be an idea to uppercase the displayed text?).

                      I couldn’t find the message !!!!!!!

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      ZS0MEE >

                      sp zs6ro

                      1 Messages Processed

                      ZS0MEE >

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      73, Dick ZS6RO

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013
                        Although displayed as input, the call should be comverted to upper case when the message is stored.

                        If the message is accepted, it just displays the header line. If rejected it also displays the reason.

                        The LOG_BBS file also records the transactions.

                        John

                          Message 12 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                            Interesting … I found that my test text file had a space in front of the ‘sp’ – “ sp zs6ro’ – this was still ‘accepted’ - but didn’t show up in the List … I tried with a ‘sp zs6ro’ – no leading whitespaces and it worked – I could list and read and delete it …

                            Sorry for the ‘red herring’ !!!

                            73, Dick ZS6RO

                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 24, 2013

                              John, note in my log file the first time I imported, the " sp zs6ro' had a space in front. It says 'accepted' but no follow up afterwards ...

                              Note the 2nd and 3rd import entries, they both show the actual 'processing' taking place afterwards .. It would appear that a leading space causes an issue ..

                              130224 14:13:26 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                              130224 14:13:33 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                              130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO      sp zs6ro

                              130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO      sp zs6ro

                              130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     OK

                              130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                              130224 14:13:33 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                              130224 14:21:26 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                              130224 14:21:32 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                              130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     SP ZS6RO

                              130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     SP ZS6RO

                              130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     OK

                              130224 14:21:33 ?ZS6RO     Msg 1180 Routing Trace To ZS6RO Via

                              130224 14:21:33 ?ZS6RO     Routing Trace Type P TO ZS6RO VIA  Route On (null) (null) (null) (null) (null)

                              130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     >

                              130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                              130224 14:21:33 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                              130224 14:38:04 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                              130224 14:38:12 <ZS6RO     import test.txt

                              130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     sp zs6ro

                              130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     sp zs6ro

                              130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     OK

                              130224 14:38:12 ?ZS6RO     Msg 1182 Routing Trace To ZS6RO Via

                              130224 14:38:12 ?ZS6RO     Routing Trace Type P TO ZS6RO VIA  Route On (null) (null) (null) (null) (null)

                              130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     >

                              130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     1 Messages Processed

                              130224 14:38:12 >ZS6RO     ZS0MEE >

                              73, Dick ZS6RO