RE: [BPQ32] Re: LinBPQ

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
      Dick

      This is just a guess, in the MailServer configuration, main
      configuration
      The option Send SYSTEM Msgs to Sysop call may not be checked, then if
      that
      Sysop has a different HR then his own, it may end up at the HR BBS, I
      have
      Seen personal messages in my BPQ-BBS TO System@Call&HR (Not My Call&HR)

      As for the RMS ending up in the WP'S I have no clue, The Alias call I
      Found in my WP and again this is just a guess, the Sysop has the BBS
      Call
      Correct but may have entered his Alias in the SYSOP Call or the other
      way
      Around, BBS Call may be his Alias?

      I hate to try experimenting here to duplicate the problem.

      73

      Mike N9PMO
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013

        Mike, I do have the “SYSTEM Msgs to Sysop Call” ticked …

        This morning my email showed just ‘SYSTEM’ as it used to when I first installed LinBPQ, so basically I’m ‘happy’ – *Grin ..

        I still maintain that “SYSTEM” shouldn’t show up in the WP at all, and technically it doesn’t have HR as its an ‘internal’ function …

        LinBPQ/WinBPQ is magic software and does a very good job of giving us what we want !!!

        73, Dick ZS6RO

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Yes, I think I need to add more validation to incoming WP messages.

        John

        I have been having the same problem in the Windows version. I have been
        periodically checking WPs and deleting the SYSTEM entry, as well as
        several other obviously corrupted entries that keep appearing.

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Richard" wrote:

        > Thanks for the prompt reply John and the obvious answer . Funny part
        is, I'm
        > sure I looked for SYSTEM in WP about a week ago, but may have been
        mistaken
        > or didn't look closer enough .. ..
        >
        > Found SYSTEM in WP and deleted it . I wonder how it got in there with
        its
        > parameters ???
        >

        > 73, Dick ZS6RO
        >
        > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        >
        > Look in WP for a record for SYSTEM and delete it
        >
        > 73, John
        > _____
        >
        > I have found for more than a week that I get email from "SYSTEM"
        regarding
        > housekeeping, which is fine, but its addressed from:
        >
        > 'SYSTEM@KJ6IX.#WNV.NV.USA.NOAM'
        >
        > My configuration doesn't have "KJ6IX.#WNV.NV.USA.NOAM" in it anywhere
        ??? ..
        > I found 'KJ6IX ' in my WP and deleted the entry but it still persists
        !!

        > If there has to be an
        "@ address, it should read @..." .

        > Any idea how I can correct this ?? .. I'm running LinBPQ '.85' .
        >
        > 73, Dick ZS6RO

      • Richard
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 27, 2013

          John, my LinBPQ BBS is ZS0MEE .. My callsign is ZS6RO.

          I often get personal mail sent To: ZS0MEE .. What mechanism is available to automatically change To: ZS0MEE  to To: ZS6ro, so that when I want my mail it is sent to ZS6RO instead of ZS0MEE ??

          I understand that if mail is sent To SYSOP, and by flagging the relevant user’s tick-box, Sysop messages will be sent to that user ..

          73, Dick ZS6RO

        • Richard
          Message 4 of 17 , Dec 13, 2013

            John, my LinBPQ keeps restarting every 20 minutes ..

            In ‘syslog’ I get :

            Dec 13 22:42:10 ham-radio kernel: [42854.251342] linbpq[29060]: segfault at 96a1000 ip b75fe712 sp bfd80c38 error 6 in libc-2.17.so[b74bf000+1ae000]” ..

            Does this have a bearing on the problem ??

            This Friday morning at 04:45 local time we had a power failure and only returned around 08:00 .. Maybe some file became corrupt ??

            73,Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB

          • Richard
            Message 5 of 17 , Dec 14, 2013

              John, did you miss this email ???

              John, my LinBPQ keeps restarting every 20 minutes ..

              In ‘syslog’ I get :

              Dec 13 22:42:10 ham-radio kernel: [42854.251342] linbpq[29060]: segfault at 96a1000 ip b75fe712 sp bfd80c38 error 6 in libc-2.17.so[b74bf000+1ae000]” ..

              Does this have a bearing on the problem ??

              This Friday morning at 04:45 local time we had a power failure and only returned around 08:00 .. Maybe some file became corrupt ?? … (Edit: I actually got this error message the day before, so it wasn’t the power failure causing his … When I check personal messages I find about a 120 odd housekeeping message for me!) …

              73,Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB

              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 14, 2013
                No, but not sure what to suggest....

                Is it exactly 20 minutes (or exacty the same interval)?

                Is there anything common in syslog just before it restarts?

                The error is in the c runtime, so it is more difficult to track down than errors in my code.

                It might also be worth enabling core dumps if you haven't already done so - run ulimit -c unlimited before linbpq.

                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 14, 2013

                  Its virtually ‘every 20 minutes’ John … There is nothing common that I can see in ‘syslog.sys’ .. Before each error message there are different statements before the error message …  I’ll try the core dump and see what that gives …

                  What I do find is that it’s just LinBPQ  that restarts on my server … Every time it does this, it appears as if LinBPQ ‘forgets where my last message counter as each time I do a ‘L’ I get the ALL messages listed the first time I log in ..

                  I’ve switched off housekeeping messages as it gave a message regarding housekeeping every time LinBPQ rebooted every 20 minutes (that’s 72 messages each day) ..

                  I had the LinBPQ POP3 account being checked every 20 minutes so changed to 30 minutes – LinBPQ still reboots every 20 minutes ..

                  I have no idea why the 20 minute reboot takes place ….

                  73, Dick

                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 14, 2013
                    Dick,

                    The Last Listed count is only saved when a user disconenects cleanly (so if a connection drops during a listing you can do it again). If the program crashes while you are still connected it won't be saved.

                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 14, 2013

                      John, I am aware that one has to disconnect cleanly – I should have mentioned that – that is what I do here – log off ‘cleanly’ …

                      But somehow the ‘count’ is getting lost ??? ..

                      73, Dick