RE: [BPQ32] pilinbpq

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013

      It can''t find bpq32.cfg. Either it isn't in the right folder or the name is wrong (it is case sensitive - it must be bpq32.cfg in lower case)

      John

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
        ooopppsss, my bad. It was still in uppercase, fixed that now. What I have now is a udp socket bind error, might have to comment that out for now.
        Thanks Dennis.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013

          You need root access (or CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE capability) to bind ports below 1024.

          You can set CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE  witth the command

          sudo setcap "CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE=ep" linbpq

          Or the port could be being used by another application

          John.

          ooopppsss, my bad. It was still in uppercase, fixed that now. What I have now is a udp socket bind error, might have to comment that out for now.
          Thanks Dennis.

          It can''t find bpq32.cfg. Either it isn't in the right folder or the name is wrong (it is case sensitive - it must be bpq32.cfg in lower case)

          John

          Hey John, are the various drivers for axip telnet and others built into the program for the pi version of lin bpq? I'm in process of setting one up for Mike N9PMO, but i'm getting a config error on startup. Thanks, Dennis KB9RRX

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
            Dennis

            Are you running two programs at the same time with the same UDP allocated?

            Mike N9PMO

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
                No, after running it as root it came up ok. I'll add the USER record for mangment for you, then when i'm sure everythings running right i'll inittab the bpq as a daemon. Later.