RE: [BPQ32] pilinbpq

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
      Dennis,

      The full set aren't implemented yet included are

      KISS AXIP BPQETHER TELNET SCSTRACKER SCSPACTOR WINMOR UZ7HO.

      What error message are you getting?

      73, John

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
        Right now it's a configuration file error, i'll have to check the error log i suppose. Here's what i've got under the teminal.

        8BPQ AX25 Packet Switch System Version 6.0.0.79 February 2013
        Copyright � 2001-2013 John Wiseman G8BPQ
        Current Directory is /home/pi/linbpq

        Configuration file Preprocessor.
        Could not open file /home/pi/linbpq/bpq32.cfg
        Configuration File Error

        Possible that I'll have to comment  out a couple of things.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013

          It can''t find bpq32.cfg. Either it isn't in the right folder or the name is wrong (it is case sensitive - it must be bpq32.cfg in lower case)

          John

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
            ooopppsss, my bad. It was still in uppercase, fixed that now. What I have now is a udp socket bind error, might have to comment that out for now.
            Thanks Dennis.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013

              You need root access (or CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE capability) to bind ports below 1024.

              You can set CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE  witth the command

              sudo setcap "CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE=ep" linbpq

              Or the port could be being used by another application

              John.

              ooopppsss, my bad. It was still in uppercase, fixed that now. What I have now is a udp socket bind error, might have to comment that out for now.
              Thanks Dennis.

              It can''t find bpq32.cfg. Either it isn't in the right folder or the name is wrong (it is case sensitive - it must be bpq32.cfg in lower case)

              John

              Hey John, are the various drivers for axip telnet and others built into the program for the pi version of lin bpq? I'm in process of setting one up for Mike N9PMO, but i'm getting a config error on startup. Thanks, Dennis KB9RRX

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
                Dennis

                Are you running two programs at the same time with the same UDP allocated?

                Mike N9PMO

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
                  Ok, ran it under the root term, came up fine. Should ask if the aprs is running under this version. Otherwise I'll leave it commented for now.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 23, 2013
                    No, after running it as root it came up ok. I'll add the USER record for mangment for you, then when i'm sure everythings running right i'll inittab the bpq as a daemon. Later.