Re: [BPQ32] WP Update Question (not BPQ Specific.. But thought Id ask here..?

  • james
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 20, 2013
      Set it to bulletins in the config.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 20, 2013, at 9:08, "Jerome K" <n9lya@...> wrote:

      I still have issues with our present WP updates… But forget that for now..

      I would like to know if anyone knows why some show up as Personal Messages and others as Bulletins..?

      What should it be? Why? How can we fix it… I am sure one or ther other is WRONG..

      73 Jerry

    • Mike
      Message 2 of 16 , Feb 20, 2013
        IF you have 80+ BBS partners in/outside of the US who is your first
        partner?

        Is it really necessary to send the WP'S out as most programs read them
        from
        The R-Line?

        So many of the WP'S are incomplete anyways, Name, QTH, ZIP, HR, this is
        just
        Laziness on many Sysop's

        And then there are the Sysops running WinFbb 7.01-35a with out the
        Updates
        Written by John G8BPQ to prevent WP Multiple Call sign corruptions,
        The updates have been on the BPQ reflector and my web site for several
        of years,
        One 7.01-35 user replied, I don't send the WP'S out so I don't need the
        update,
        Very wrong, again he fails to over look the reading of the R-Line.

        Not trying to get off tract but for those that may not know the bug in
        7.01-35
        The following is an example in the edit user added calls and IE command,

        the update solves this problem.
        N9PMO
        N9PMOa
        N9PMOB
        N9PMOD

        73

        Mike N9PMO
        Message 3 of 16 , Feb 20, 2013
          If WP Updates were not sent to other bbs's, then those Users who haven't sent any messages would not have an address record anywhere.