Re: linking

  • Roland
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013
      Hello Ken,

      Thanks for the reply and the MAP-link.
      I try it, and... it works! I tested even so with another station and that also works...

      Very strange, but I'm now for sure that my configuration is right and working.

      My server-details: MAP PD2RLD-10 SERVER.PD2RLD.NL UDP 93 B

      73,

      Roland, PD2RLD.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kenny" <ken@...> wrote:

      > Hi Roland
      > the problem i had with G7ICD-7 has been resolved and all is working well.
      > he gave me the wrong Map address it was missing one character
      > it was jimspc not jimpc.
      >
      > re your problem,most of the time when you get a link failure
      > it means the other station has lost its connection to your node or vice-versa,yours has lost it connection.
      >
      > try linking to my bpq
      > MAP GB7COW-3 gb7cow.dyndns.org UDP 10095 B
      >
      > let me know your Map details
      >
      > 73 de Ken
      > g7vja - gb7cow

    • Edward Weber
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
        i would like to know if there a way to link two different  computers running bpq32
        running on different  freq HF&VHF

        Ed w9aba
      • wu3v
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
          Ethernet, serial with cross over serial cables (null modem)  wireless etc...

          On Friday, October 10, 2014 9:25 AM, "Edward Weber w9aba@... [BPQ32]" <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          i would like to know if there a way to link two different  computers running bpq32
          running on different  freq HF&VHF

          Ed w9aba

        • Charles Brabham
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
            I've used ethernet ans serial (null-modem) links, the serial links were most reliable and trouble-free.

            73 DE Charles, N5PVL

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
              Ed

              Any reason you are running two machines for BPQ?

              There are a couple of ways to link them, as Charles mentioned you can use
              A null modem cable or an adapter to change a serial cable to null serial.

              The other way is if both machine are on LAN you can link then threw the AXIP
              Port point each machine to the other machines LAN address, in either case
              Linking to node/and or BBS programs both BPQ32 Node Call, Alias, BBS Call &
              Alias must be different SSID & Alias.

              You can't connect W9ABA-7 to W9ABA-7

              Mike N9PMO
              BPQ32 Group Moderator
              www.n9pmo.com
            • david
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
                Ed
                I use two computers both running BPQ, and link them (for BPQ only) using BPQ software. If you send me your email address, I forward the configuration

                gm3yew