linking

  • kenny
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2013
      Hi Roland
      the problem i had with G7ICD-7 has been resolved and all is working well.
      he gave me the wrong Map address it was missing one character
      it was jimspc not jimpc.

      re your problem,most of the time when you get a link failure
      it means the other station has lost its connection to your node or vice-versa,yours has lost it connection.

      try linking to my bpq
      MAP GB7COW-3 gb7cow.dyndns.org UDP 10095 B

      let me know your Map details

      73 de Ken
      g7vja - gb7cow
    • Roland
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 16, 2013
        Hello Ken,

        Thanks for the reply and the MAP-link.
        I try it, and... it works! I tested even so with another station and that also works...

        Very strange, but I'm now for sure that my configuration is right and working.

        My server-details: MAP PD2RLD-10 SERVER.PD2RLD.NL UDP 93 B

        73,

        Roland, PD2RLD.

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "kenny" <ken@...> wrote:

        > Hi Roland
        > the problem i had with G7ICD-7 has been resolved and all is working well.
        > he gave me the wrong Map address it was missing one character
        > it was jimspc not jimpc.
        >
        > re your problem,most of the time when you get a link failure
        > it means the other station has lost its connection to your node or vice-versa,yours has lost it connection.
        >
        > try linking to my bpq
        > MAP GB7COW-3 gb7cow.dyndns.org UDP 10095 B
        >
        > let me know your Map details
        >
        > 73 de Ken
        > g7vja - gb7cow

      • Edward Weber
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
          i would like to know if there a way to link two different  computers running bpq32
          running on different  freq HF&VHF

          Ed w9aba
        • wu3v
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
            Ethernet, serial with cross over serial cables (null modem)  wireless etc...

            On Friday, October 10, 2014 9:25 AM, "Edward Weber w9aba@... [BPQ32]" <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            i would like to know if there a way to link two different  computers running bpq32
            running on different  freq HF&VHF

            Ed w9aba

          • Charles Brabham
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
              I've used ethernet ans serial (null-modem) links, the serial links were most reliable and trouble-free.

              73 DE Charles, N5PVL

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
                Ed

                Any reason you are running two machines for BPQ?

                There are a couple of ways to link them, as Charles mentioned you can use
                A null modem cable or an adapter to change a serial cable to null serial.

                The other way is if both machine are on LAN you can link then threw the AXIP
                Port point each machine to the other machines LAN address, in either case
                Linking to node/and or BBS programs both BPQ32 Node Call, Alias, BBS Call &
                Alias must be different SSID & Alias.

                You can't connect W9ABA-7 to W9ABA-7

                Mike N9PMO
                BPQ32 Group Moderator
                www.n9pmo.com
              • david
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 10, 2014
                  Ed
                  I use two computers both running BPQ, and link them (for BPQ only) using BPQ software. If you send me your email address, I forward the configuration

                  gm3yew