Re: [BPQ32] Traffic reports

  • K.O. Higgs
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 14, 2013

      If I change it I'll make it configurable.

    Message 43 of 43 , Dec 17, 2013
      Hi All,
      To me it sounds like you are proposing a sort of Domain Name server for amateurs.
      I have no problem with tha,t however what happens when the person running the server gets sick of it. or it uses to much bandwidth. At the moment the "wp servers" are distributed and if one goes off line there is (hopefully) another to seamlessly take over

      What might be more pertinent is to actually look at the possible benefits getting rid of H-routes and utilising amprnet domain names or a normal internet name structure.

      Regards Tony VK3API

      On 12/18/2013 7:51 AM, Sergej wrote:

      Hello, John and group.

      > Any comments for/against would be welcome. Also an indication of whether you
      > would you the system would help.
      > My current idea is that all WP updates would be sent as P messages to a
      > central point which would consolidate them and send out an update to each
      > bbs that subscibes to the system either regularly or on request.

      So, based on central server structure. What other benefits will do server?

      If we will use it only to complete p-mail's full address, it may be easier to
      code in BBS software a request for users to type full address (h-route)
      when sending p-messages to other bbs?
      Its simple... Otherwise message will be indicated as local w/o need to route.

      Indeed, in the internet e-mail system we write address completely,
      such as user@..., but not just user@ or user@dom

      73, Sergej

      No virus found in this message.