RE: [BPQ32] Re: BPQTermTCP for Android

    Message 1 of 22 , Feb 11, 2013
      No.

      To be honest I'd forgotten about it.

      I'll see if I can borrow my daughter's device and try to sort it out.

      73, John

      Message 2 of 22 , Feb 11, 2013
        Awesome. I figured it could give me another excuse to use my HP Touchpad for. It'd be killer if you could get the monitor portion working.

      • Shawn Bush
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 22, 2013

          I have used BPQTermTCP in the past on my Droid Bionic and it worked fine but now when ever I hit connect the program crashes.

          73's

        • ZS6RO
          Message 4 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

            John, I am using version 1.5 of BPQTermTCP apk and it works well on an Xiaomi Mi5 Android mobile phone …

            But when I press ‘disconnect’ it displays continuously ‘Disconnected’, line after line – I then press ‘EXIT’ to get out of the program …

            73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB.

            Message 5 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016
              Ok, Dick.

              That is fixed in the latest version, but if it is working ok for you apart
              form that there is no real need to upgrade.

              John, I am using version 1.5 of BPQTermTCP apk and it works well on an
              Xiaomi Mi5 Android mobile phone …

              But when I press ‘disconnect’ it displays continuously ‘Disconnected’, line
              after line – I then press ‘EXIT’ to get out of the program …

              73, Dick ZS6RO/ZS1RO/ZS0MEE/M0HMB.< o>

              Message 6 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                I would like to not have the continuous ‘disconnected’ showing - *Grin ..

                I have version 1.5 .. What is the latest version and where do I get it from please ???

                Message 7 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                  One other thing John – any chance to orientate the display view from portrait t6o landscape as well ??

                  73, Dick

                  Message 8 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016
                    Dick,

                    The latest is at

                    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/31910649/BPQTermAndroid.apk

                    It is version 2.0, but doesn’t show it anywhere.

                    If you start it with the device in landscape orientation it should stay that
                    way, but won't rotate once stated - I found it quite irritating when it did
                    that!

                    #8217;, line

                    Message 9 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                      Thanks John .. See that this is version 1.0 ….

                      When I try to disconnect I get it displaying ‘Disconnecting’ and that’s all – doesn’t say ‘Disconnected’ – at least it’s not repeating  – also the word ‘disconnecting’ is spelt ‘Disonnecting’ - *Grin ..

                      I can use ‘portrait’ viewing as you suggested …

                      Thank you very much for the effort you have put into this apk – its appreciated …

                      If  I’m in the ‘public’ domain, and I connect to my BBS via the Internet using this app, am I connecting via SSH or am I able to be hacked because of passwords etc. being visible on the Internet ??? – In other words, is it a secure connection ??

                      #8217;, line

                      Message 10 of 22 , Dec 19, 2016

                        John, I see you moved the 'Connect 1' , pressing it here hangs the app. I can close it OK, but it hangs every time I try. Using Connect 2 works OK.  This is on a LG  G3 phone with Android 6.

                        Thanks   73  John

                        On 12/19/2016 09:53, 'John Wiseman' john.wiseman@... [BPQ32] wrote:

                        Dick,

                        The latest is at