New User Trying To Get BPQ Running

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
      I am a first time installer\user in b=need of help getting BPG up and
      running.
      I have installed - BPQ32_410d_2008Mar03 in the default directory.
      Ran the min config and that worked with the expected results.
      I replaced my call in the "With AGW" config example and ran the config
      program.
      I have AGW "basic" running and start BPQ. Programs launch but that is
      all that happens.
      I am running AGW with WinPack and interface and rig work fine. So
      hardware works. But when I run BPQ w\AGW nothing is happening. No
      transmittion, no MHeard showing up on that panel.
      I think I am stuck at this point. It would be great if you guys could
      help this "Newbee" going.
      Tnx, Lynn - KB3FN
    • Art Bertheaume
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
        Hi Lynn,
          You must be making some sort of progress.  I am receiving your node via AXIP/UDP (ie:ACNODE:KB3FN and PCTRF:KB3FN) via a couple of my other node partners. So you are propagating your node out to others with  your AXIP port.

          I seen your node yesterday morning too.  I was not able to get a connection though.  I suspect that the packaged BPQAXIP.cfg file that comes with BPQ contains certain routes.  I am bringing this to attention so that if that is the case, it can be corrected by "remming" those entries out, making them examples instead of actual functioning entries.

         Unless you have made arrangements with those entries,  broadcasting to them is a one way street, there will not be a return path to your node if you are not "hearing" them.

          If you have made arrangements with them,  you likely have the UDP port that BPQ is listening on blocked or your software firewall is blocking it.

        Art,  N9ZZK

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
          Well Hello Art. Nice to see that you are making it through this
          winter weather.

          I have changed the node to ACNODE:KB3FN-3 and remmed out as you
          suggested. I am letting the local\main node sort out the changes. Now
          do I need to do anything to have my routeing table updated?

          Nice to see you again, Lynn