Re: [BPQ32] BPQmail

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10, 2013
      On 11/02/13 02:08, Richard wrote:

      I understand John ..  My manual connect to FBBPORT port was a ‘test’ at the time to ensure that I could see things were happening – I got more responses from the manual test than from the automated one. I do use the correct ports for their specified functions … What I do know here is that the when, either manually or from automatic means via LinFBB, the prompts don’t show up and nothing shows in the logs. I would like to talk to this other ‘user’ you mention – it could easily be something I overlooked.

      I had tried all of what you suggested below, yesterday before I actually posted to this group – I only talk to groups after I have tried everything that I can think of at the time. (I’ve Googled most of the BPQmail Doc and read between the lines when considering LinBPQ) …

      I know (this may seem like an arrogant statement – sorry if it comes out like that – not meant to be) that the configuration of LinBPQ and LinFBB are correct – I have tried many alternatives and some which no one has dreamed off yet *Grin ..

      To get around the problem, I have made LinBPQ and XR32 (LinFBB is linked to XR32 (XR32 on Wine) via a pseudo AXIP pipe and radio users (radios on XR32) can connect to LinFBB directly) link to each other via an AXIP route. In LinBPQ I created the connect script to connect to the XR32 then LinFBB. Also on this connection I arranged for LinBPQ to request reverse forwarding. All this works flawlessly and LinBPQ now has got all relevant bulls etc from LinFBB – if anything relevant is on LinBPQ it will be sent to LinFBB .. I also rem’ed out the connect script in LinFBB include file to stop useless connects to LinBPQ.

      I like LinBPQ for various reasons. Once I have got things sorted out here I will use XR32 <> LinBPQ and do away with LinFBB. Theoretically I guess I don’t need to sort out why LinFBB won’t initiate a forward to LinBPQ, because as I progress along here I will do away with LinFBB, BUT its the challenge – why doesn’t it work for me ??? – That’s what I want to know, then I can rest easy *Smile …

      73, Dick ZS6RO.

      dick at zs6ro (dot) co (dot) za

      Hi Dick,

                 There are a couple of things in LinFBB that you need to do in order to get LinFBB to forward to LinBPQMail using it`s telnet port.

      In LinFBB there are 3 things to do.

      1 - Remove the "." from the forward script in xfbb
      2 - added the BBS "BPQBBS$W" to end of the callsign / password string
      3 - Set forwarding to text in xfbb "N 0"

      This allows LinFBB to forward to LinBPQMail directly on the same computer, here is my connect script
      from LinFBB, please not, you have to add your own "password"

      #
      #
      # BBS : ZL2BAU.#79.NZL.OC (LinBPQMail)
      #
      A WAIBBS
      #
      IF H 00-23
         P B
           N 0
           L B 230
           L O 3
             C C ZL2BAU 127.0.0.1 8011
               V zl2bau$Wpassword$WBPQBBS$W
      ENDIF
      #
      < /fwd/waibbs
      #
      #

      Regards ..... Peter

          ZL2BAU - Waimate BBS - South Canterbury APRS iGate

          Located In - Waimate - South Island - New Zealand
          Grid Location : RE55MG ( 44.44.26S / 171.03.23E )
          New Zealand / World Wide Telnet BBS Forwarding
          E-Mail : peter.zl2bau@...
          Packet Mail : ZL2BAU @ ZL2BAU.#79.NZL.OC
          NZART Member Number : 104431
          Internet BBS : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org:6303
          Internet Node : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org
          Internet Node Call : BAUNOD:ZL2BAU-3 (44.147.210.26)
          Xrouter HTTP Web Server : http://zl2bau.dyndns.org
          BBS HTTP Web Server : http://zl2bau.dyndns.org:82
          BPQ32 HTTP Web Server : http//zl2bau.dyndns.org:8083
          Xrouter Chat Server : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org:3600
          Xrouter APRS Server : telnet://zl2bau.dyndns.org:1448
          Tcp/Ip Routing : 44.147.210.23/24 (44.147.210.26)
          Default UDP Port : 93 (Other ports to suite)

    • Richard
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 10, 2013

        Thanks Peter, but I have explained in each posting, that I have tried all the usual ‘tricks’ even before I sent the first post to this group, with no luck .. You mention “BPQBBS” – in LinBPQ one uses “BBS” … Thing is nothing gets recognized and nothing shows in the log ..

        As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have turned it around and now get LinBPQ to initiate a compressed forward with LinFBB, both LinBPQ and LinFBB are on the same Linux box, and the BPQ log reflects all the transactions and it works ..

        73, Dick ZS6RO.