Spam warning! Updated.

  • n5in_ron
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 2013
      The recent posting from "wb9qzb_groups" or "Mark Thompson" to the group with no subject line contains links which are likely spam and potentially malware.

      Do not click the links. Delete the e-mail instead!

      This spam appears to be related to the theft of 450,000 yahoo e-mail username/password pairs which allows malware to sign on to an unsuspecting yahoo users mail account and send mail to everyone in their address book.

      Looking at the header it can be seen that it did just that, starting with the alphabetically first entry and proceeding down the list.

      I have placed the sender on moderation so that future spam postings from that account will be reviewed.

      If you use Yahoo e-mail it would be wise for you to change your password, which will be sufficient to prevent this from happening in your account with the stolen passwords.

      There has been considerable discussion of this problem on the net. I have now seen this exploit in many forums.

      Ron, AE5E