Wrong adapter in BPQEther

  • Mark Harloff
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 24, 2005
      Despite the fact that I have changed the BPQEther.cfg file to reflect
      the correct adapter I am using.. when I start BPQTerm it shows an error
      message for the BPQEther port initialization and an adapter that is not
      on my machine.
      Any idea why?
      -Mark K2CAN
    • dshults
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 24, 2005
        Mark,
        If you're sure the Adapter statement matches exactly as found
        by bpqadapters.exe (ending with the } character), double check
        the port number matches what is declared for the ethernet port
        in bpqcfg.txt.

        ... Duane N7QDN

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@f...> wrote:

        > Despite the fact that I have changed the BPQEther.cfg file to
        reflect
        > the correct adapter I am using.. when I start BPQTerm it shows an
        error
        > message for the BPQEther port initialization and an adapter that
        is not
        > on my machine.
        > Any idea why?
        > -Mark K2CAN

      • Mark Harloff
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 24, 2005
          Hi Duane,
          bpqadapters reports the correct adapter name. I made sure that was the
          one setup in BPQEther.cfg.
          I have two ports setup in bpqcfg.. first one is the axip, second one is
          the ether driver. BPQEther.cfg is setup to use the second port.
          I checked and there is only one instance of BPQEther.cfg on this
          machine. Also, there is only one nic.

          Ports section looks like this:

          PORT
          PORTNUM=1
          ID=AX/IP/UDP
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQAXIP.DLL
          QUALITY=50
          MAXFRAME=7
          FRACK=3000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=10
          PACLEN=236
          ENDPORT
          PORT
          PORTNUM=2
          ID=BPQEther Link
          TYPE=EXTERNAL
          DLLNAME=BPQEther.DLL
          QUALITY=200
          MAXFRAME=4
          FRACK=7000
          RESPTIME=1000
          RETRIES=10
          PACLEN=120
          ENDPORT

          (compiles ok)

          BPQEther looks like this:

          BPQ Port 2
          TXMODE 2 BPQ
          RXMODE 2 BPQ
          TYPE 2 08FF
          DEST 2 00-C0-26-C0-21-96
          SOURCE 2 00-07-E9-A6-5D-AF
          ADAPTER 2 \Device\NPF_{AC26DC18-97EA-41E1-87B2-88040CD0EE15}
          (that is the correct)

          That 'adapter\device' is not what shows up in the BPQ load window when
          BPQ boots...

          The 'error' message at startup reads:

          Initialising Port 01 AXIP
          Initialising Port 02 BPQEther BPQAXIP - Bad config record BPQ Port 2
          Using \Device\NPF_{21B601E8-8088-4F7D-9629-EDE2A9243CF4}

          The thing I can't figure out is where the ether driver is getting this
          odd adapter info from ?

          -Mark K2CAN

          > Mark,
          > If you're sure the Adapter statement matches exactly as found
          > by bpqadapters.exe (ending with the } character), double check
          > the port number matches what is declared for the ethernet port
          > in bpqcfg.txt.
          >
          > ... Duane N7QDN
          >
          > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@f...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Despite the fact that I have changed the BPQEther.cfg file to
          > reflect
          > > the correct adapter I am using.. when I start BPQTerm it shows an
          > error
          > > message for the BPQEther port initialization and an adapter that
          > is not
          > > on my machine.
          > > Any idea why?
          > > -Mark K2CAN
        • gm8bpq
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 25, 2005
            Hi Mark,

            The "Bad config record BPQ Port 2" comes from the "BPQ Port 2" line
            in BPQEther.cfg. That line should be a comment.

            The "Using" value is a progam error, and is my adapter address -
            hardcoded from when I was first testing. I'll issue a new version
            asap. Sorry for the confusion!

            Regards
            John

          • Mark Harloff
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 25, 2005
              gm8bpq wrote:
              > Hi Mark,
              >
              > The "Bad config record BPQ Port 2" comes from the "BPQ Port 2" line
              > in BPQEther.cfg. That line should be a comment.
              >
              > The "Using" value is a progam error, and is my adapter address -
              > hardcoded from when I was first testing. I'll issue a new version
              > asap. Sorry for the confusion!
              >
              > Regards
              > John

              Thanks John.. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out where it came
              from.

              73 & Merry Christmas to All!
              - Mark