guide

  • James mcdowall
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013
      is there a simple guide to setting up bpq32 for window xp i run awpe with sound card now with winpac
      but i seem to be doing somthing wrong with bpq32 i keep getting dllname to long
      thanking you for any help
      cheers jim g7icd

      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 25, 2013
        Jim,

        There isn't really a simple setup guide, but there is quite a bit of documentation, which you can get online at www.g8bpq.org.uk or vial Start Menu/BPQ32/BPQ32 Documents.

        If you send me your bpq32.cfg I'll check it out.

        73, John G8BPQ

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 27, 2013
          Thanks John for the info its working now .
          An other thing i need to know is how to get bpq to read bpqhostmodes i have set it to com4 and winpack connects to it useing ded but i dont seem to get virtual com 4 to talk to bpq i know it must be lines i put in the cfg but am at a loss to what i have to write

          cheers jim g7icd
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
            Sorry, Jim. Just found this in "Drafts"

            Jim,

            The Virtual COM port is the link between BPQHostModes and Winpack. You don't have ot configure anything in BPQ32. Steps are:

            create com port using VCOMConfig

            Run BPQHostModes

            Enter COM port created above, number of streams (up to 10) and mask. Select DED mode. Save Settings, Restart BPQHostModes.

            Run Winpack, select TF2.7b Hostmode. It should then attach to the node.

            73, John

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 30, 2013
              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "John Wiseman" wrote:

              > Sorry, Jim. Just found this in "Drafts"
              >

              > Jim,
              >
              > The Virtual COM port is the link between BPQHostModes and Winpack. You don't
              > have ot configure anything in BPQ32. Steps are:
              >
              > create com port using VCOMConfig
              >
              > Run BPQHostModes
              >
              > Enter COM port created above, number of streams (up to 10) and mask. Select
              > DED mode. Save Settings, Restart BPQHostModes.
              >
              > Run Winpack, select TF2.7b Hostmode. It should then attach to the node.
              >
              > 73, John
              >

              > _____

              Thanks John it worked

              can i pick your brain one more time ?is all node linking done via internet now ? cheers jim