RASPBERRY PI BPQ SOFTWARE INSTALLATION

  • David Bird
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
      Gentleman,

      In mid-December there was a short thread about using the Raspberry PI as a BPQ server. I am now the proud owner of a PI and have it up and running. I am trying to understand how to download and install programs to the PI. I suspect other victims of Windows are having the same problem understanding the PI system. I would appreciate the following help:

      1) What is the link to download the BPQ software for the Strawberry PI?

      2) What is the proper way to download the software?

      3) Once I have it downloaded, what is the proper procedure/method to install the software?

      Keeping in mind I have just turned on the Strawberry PI. I have looked at FAQ, forums, etc., but they speak a different language.

      My goal is to use the Strawberry PI with BPQ connected to a KISS TNC for radio control and telnet, AXIP for remote connection. I wish to use a serial USB comm port (I hope the PI supports such a thing) so that I do not have to deal with Windows crashes at remote node sites. I am also involved in integration of HSMM-MESH network with BPQ as the node server. Working well so far. I will appreciate any feedback and help.

      73, Dave.
      WA7RYV

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
        BPQ for the PI isn't available yet. I hope to have a beta test version in the next few days. I'm not sure how it will be installed yet, but probably by using wget to download from either my web site or the yahoo group.

        It will support KISS via the onboard serial port or a USB interface, AX/IP and Telnet. A TNC that plugs onto the PI header has been developed and should be in production soon.

        73, John

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 21, 2013
          Thank you, John,

          Once again you are right there. I will wait to here for the release.

          I just found some articles on the on-board serial port, thanks for the heads-up. The particular application I have uses a KPC4 with dual radio ports so the TNX adaptation I have seen probably would not work. In any event. I will look forward to the forthcoming release.