Re: [BPQ32] USB to Serial ?

  • Peter - ZL2BAU
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 12, 2013
      On 13/01/13 04:29, John Wiseman wrote:

      Peter,

      I'm almost certain you can't use usb-serial adapters with baycom-like boards. Even if the control signals are supported the interrupt response time is way too slow, and the software normally expects to see a real async controller chip.

      73, John

      Hi John, All,

                       Thanks for the info, the MoDems are not cards in the computer but external MoDems of home
      brew design using TCM3105 chips etc.

      It is running very well on the serial port at the moment so maybe I need to look at some PCI / Serial cards instead.

      Regards ..... Peter