Re: RMS Packet, Linux RMS Gateway, BPQ32 - WL2K gateway updates needed

  • Jeff - WA4ZKO
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 11, 2013
      Suspect some of the resistance to update past 5.2.5.1 is the new MDI interface. I'm in that camp sort of.... Not real crazy about the new node interface. Personal preference..I guess. Admittedly I haven't tried the latest version, but I found 5.2.5.1 ran fine during stress testing and never saw a need to upgrade off it.

      I just run the newer BPQBBS modules on top of 5.2.5.1 and keep the software admin headaches minimal. I have no need for the web, aprs, telnet, or Winlink features in the newer versions so I get that luxury ;-)

      I think there are several folks using a v4 BPQ32 version and very happy with it for their needs.

      Just making note that not everyone runs the "latest" are very happy with current setups/versions. Obviously folks that want to do Winlink or need the other features would be best served by upgrading.

      Once it is done I'll take a look at the Linux version. Sounds interesting, but I just don't have time for "beta" testing ;-)

      73
      Jeff
      WA4ZKO
      "Packet Radio never died, it just evolved."
      http://twitter.com/wa4zko