Re: [Winlink_Programs_Group] RMS Packet, Linux RMS Gateway, BPQ32 - Software updates needed

  • Lee
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      I believe BPQ32 6.0.0.x is a beta version -- sysops running version 5.2.9 are current until version 6 is officially released.

      73, Lee K0QED

      On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:14 AM, Loring Kutchins <lor@...> wrote:
      WL2K Users, Sysops. All,

      The Winlink Development Team's recent call for software updates has been well received by HF sysops. All RMS Pactor and RMS WINMOR HF gates have finally upgraded to RMS Trimode. These are now officially obsolete programs. We locked them in the attic. But there are some sysops using old, dysfunctional versions of BPQ32, Linux RMS Gateway, and RMS Packet. (188 as of this morning.)

      We need your help to notify these sysops. Please look for your favorite gateways in the "Need Upgrade" list at www.winlink.org/RMSVersions and drop the sysop a request that he update. You can find the sysop's email address by mousing over the callsign in the frequency list at www.winlink.org/RMSChannels (if they appear there).

      Many of the older software versions can no longer make CMS connections or will throw errors because we did away with keycodes last Spring. Some of these may still be reporting to the website, however they will be impaired if a user tries to make a connection through them. They may not properly report themselves on frequency lists or maps. Left much longer without becoming current, these stations will eventually fall over the edge of the earth and disappear completely, as we continue needed CMS improvements. We hope these sysops will perk up and stay aboard!

      We appreciate your help, and hope you understand that a small volunteer team needs to "crowdsource" as much help as it can. Thanks!

      Lor W3QA
      Winlink Development Team

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings: