Re: [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

  • Charles Brabham
    Message 1 of 64 , Jan 3, 2013
      K.O. has hit the nail on the head, there.

      I think of the WP bulls are a rather clumsy and inefficient cludge, to work around the demise of the real thing.

      We gave up a lot when we gave up on using radio.

      73 DE Charles, N5PVL

      On 1/3/2013 9:20 AM, K.O. Higgs wrote:

      Well, that's a bunch of BS. They were ALL p-mail in the beginning.

      K.O.

      Message 64 of 64 , Jan 3, 2013
        Sorry, my carelessness here. I never intended to suggest type 'B' messages other than WP should be killedif they have noone to forward to. I assumed that would be usnderstood, as we were discussing WP messages.

        Until the next houskeeping cycle killed messages can still be read by the sysop if he really wants to
        .
        73, John

        From: "Mark Taylor" <mtaylor@...>
        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:03:57 -0600 (CST)
        To: <BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com

        Why would a WP Update message be read locally?

        Mark

        Regular type B Bulletin messages with no one to forward to should not be

        deleted immediately. As they can still be read locally.

        Message-----
        href="mailto:john.wiseman%40cantab.net">john.wiseman@...>

        Sender: BPQ32@yahoogroups.com
        > Date:
        Thu, 3 Jan 2013 14:02:52
        > To:
        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com>

        RE: [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

        > Mark,
        >
        > Type 'P' WP
        messages are killed after processing, type 'B' are kept until
        > they have
        been forwarded to any stations you have routed them to. Once
        > forwarded,
        they should be deleted by the next housekeeping cycle after

        their
        > lifetime has expired. I'll check why WP,1 doest get them
        removed,

        > I guess type 'B' messages that have noone to forward
        them to should also
        > be
        > deleted immediately.

        [BPQ32] Re: WP Updates

        > And, why
        is it that upon receipt of a WP message the BBS cannot process

        the
        > file then DELETE it. For my users it is simply garbage that they
        have to
        > scroll through to see interesting messages.

        Mark

        href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com , "n5mdt"
        > wrote:
        >>
        >> My BBS has numerous WP Update
        messages stored. They do seem to follow
        >> the
        > standard
        lifetime rules, which is set at 5 days I think. At this time the
        > oldest
        dates to Dec 30. Even though I have WP,1 in the TO box in the

        housekeeping tab.

        >> Is there any reason to keep the WP
        Update messages for a specific
        >> length
        > of time? Are they
        processed immediately on receipt? On a schedule?

        >> How
        exactly do they work? When is the shortest amount of time I must

        keep
        > them? How can I automatically have them deleted at the expiration
        of that
        > time?
        >>

        >> Thanks

        Mark