Re: [BPQ32] Re: Operating systems

  • Ron Stordahl
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 1, 2013
      So you are running the MS approved install format for Win7.  Good.

      Just to repeat...to get to the configuration folder you just go to 'start\all programs\bpq32 and from the drop down list select 'view configuration folder'.  It's easy actually....a lot easier than trying to find the folder by searching.  Also available in the dropdown list are 'view programs, examples, and shortcuts'.

      I know some don't like this, but if I had not reprogrammed the installer to do an MS recommended install, we would be plagued by UAC warnings.  And at some point it would not surprise me that old style install will not be permitted.  Very few ham programs have made this step, so BPQ32 is ahead of the curve.

      Ron, AE5E

      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 2, 2013

        Im sure it will run under Windows 7 at least.  As a matter of fact, I do know someone who runs it under windows 7.

        I havnt tried it under the test version of 8 I had, plus im not too crazy about 8 anyway.

        Too many changes to re-learn.  I run mines in Wine under linux.

        Are you having issues with windows 7?

        Harold

        K7ILO