Re: Operating systems

  • Dennis Nelson
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 1, 2013
      Yes it runs under Win7, but to modify the bpq32.cfg, you'll have to got to /users/your user name/AppData/Roaming/Bpq32.
      A bit trickier, but once it's done, it runs with no problems. Happy New Year to All.

    • Danny Oudendag
      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 1, 2013
        The driver works both in xp and in win2k.
        softdcd does not work with the HDLC cards.

        I have tested a couple years back with win98 and scc that worked ok witb bpq32 and pa0hzp scc card.
        i used irq 7 and disabled the lpt port in the computers bios setup.

        73 Danny PA2SNK

        Ps. i also have a bunch of docs about the DDS modems tnc's and scc cards.

      • Glenn Bursell
        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 1, 2013
          Hi Jim
          I am running BPQ32 under win7 and so far vety impressed with the stability

          Glenn Bursell - KAØMOS

           KA0MOS/VE1 Packet Radio Page  http://ka0mos.no-ip.org:8080
          Lunenburg County ARC Web  Page  http://lcarc.no-ip.org

        • Ron Stordahl
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 1, 2013
            So you are running the MS approved install format for Win7.  Good.

            Just to repeat...to get to the configuration folder you just go to 'start\all programs\bpq32 and from the drop down list select 'view configuration folder'.  It's easy actually....a lot easier than trying to find the folder by searching.  Also available in the dropdown list are 'view programs, examples, and shortcuts'.

            I know some don't like this, but if I had not reprogrammed the installer to do an MS recommended install, we would be plagued by UAC warnings.  And at some point it would not surprise me that old style install will not be permitted.  Very few ham programs have made this step, so BPQ32 is ahead of the curve.

            Ron, AE5E

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 2, 2013

              Im sure it will run under Windows 7 at least.  As a matter of fact, I do know someone who runs it under windows 7.

              I havnt tried it under the test version of 8 I had, plus im not too crazy about 8 anyway.

              Too many changes to re-learn.  I run mines in Wine under linux.

              Are you having issues with windows 7?

              Harold

              K7ILO