Re: Scanning

  • w5seg
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
      Has anyone feature out the scanning problem with BPQ 32 and Yaesu 857. If so I sure cud  use the help.
      Robby

      Sent from my Galaxy S®III
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 29, 2012
        I'm trying to run 2 bpq bbs's on one machine using virtual machine for
        the second system.
        Using the same basic setup for both, I cannot get the Telnet port to
        initialize on the virtual machine. I did change the port numbers to
        prevent clashes. The 2 config's are virtually identical except for port
        numbers and callsigns.
        One system is MARS the second is HAM. I'm wondering if the virtual
        system is missing a driver for Telnet.
        Thanks and 73
        Dave
        WB2HVF/AFA2HV
      • Jim
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 12, 2013
          I had this happen on winlink systems when I used usb comms. Some of those do not properly halt the scanning process. I use only comm cards that are attached to the computer's hardware bus. The most reasonable are NetMOS units I have 5 ports on my main server. I also have a couple of Compaq EVO's that have 2 hardware com ports they are around 100.00 and are well shielded.

          Jim
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
            Hello,
            I have 4 computers with BPQ32 and Telnet (overkill ?) Two of them with slightly older version of BPQ32 work fine on Telnet and can be accessed by my friends. The two others with the latest version of BPQ, ver. 6.0.8.1 are also setup for Telnet with different ports but I cannot access them. I use PUTTY on all of the computers to connect to BPQ-Telnet. I compared the BPQ32.cfg files and they are identical except for the port number. I have forwarded the appropriate ports in the router. I can not find why they act differently. Below is a copy of  the Telnet port::

            PORT
             PORTNUM=3
            ID=TELNET SERVER
            TYPE=EXTERNAL
            DRIVER=TELNET
            CONFIG
            LOGGING=1
            DisconnectOnClose=1
            TCPPORT=8010
            LOGINPROMPT=user:
            PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
            LOCALECHO=YES
            MAXSESSIONS=5
            CMS=1
            CMSCALL=N1BDF-10
            CMSPASS=xxxxxxxxxx
            CTEXT=Welcome to N1BDF's Telnet Server \nEnter ? for list of commands\n\n
            USER=jon,xxxxxxx,n1bdf
            USER=bob,xxxxxxx,n1ra
            ENDPORT

            Router forwarding
            BPQ32-1        TCP         8010      public IP number

            I am going nuts trying to find the difference between the working and not working ones, HELP!!!

            Jon - N1BDF

            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
              Jon

              First, did you check the BPQ MDI/BPQ32DLL Console Window for Errors?

              A couple of changes in the last two releases:

              PORT
              ID=TELNET Server
              DRIVER=Telnet
              CONFIG
              LOGGING=1
              DisconnectOnClose=1
              TCPPORT=8010
              FBBPORT=8011
              HTTPPORT=85
              LOGINPROMPT=user:
              PASSWORDPROMPT=password:
              MAXSESSIONS=15
              CMS=1
              CMSCALL=N9PMO-10
              CMSPASS=xxxxxxxxx

              CTEXT=Welcome to the N9PMO BPQ-Telnet Server\nEnter ? for list of
              commands\n\n

              USER=
              ENDPORT

              Since you have 4 different computers, for a public connection your
              router/firewall will need to point to each LAN address of the computers.

              It is best to set each computer with a Static LAN IP address.

              Mike N9PMO
              BPQ32 Group Moderator
              www.n9pmo.com
            • Jon Krijgsman
              Message 6 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
                HI,
                After I sent my previous message abut Telnet problems, I tried connecting via the LAN addresses of the other computers and that worked nicely. Now the question is why does it not work via the public IP on two of the four computers while all four are on the same network with the same external IP.
                73 Jon N1BDF
              • Joel Yates
                Message 7 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014

                  Do you have the ports on the routers open in both directions?
                  ...Joel N4JOA

                  Message 8 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
                    Jon

                    One problem I forgot to ask, are you using the same TCPPORT= on all
                    machines?
                    This won't work, if all machines are the same port, from the public view the
                    remote
                    User ISP will attempt to connect to all machines.

                    Are you using a DNS host, ea. NO-IP.ORG or similar and updater, or do you
                    have a static WAN IP address, it needs to be one or the other.

                    Most ISP'S are dynamic, ADSL usually are PPPOP some how the remote user need
                    to know what WAN address to connect to for access of your Telnet server,
                    Dynamic
                    IP addresses can change at any time so one week it may be one address the
                    next day or week it may change, this is where the DNS host comes in to play.

                    I assume since you are using the TCPPORT users are using a terminal program
                    to connect manually? If for4warding between two BBS'S then you would need
                    the FBBPORT= which allows up to 99 different entries, this is only for FBB
                    protocols.

                    Last question, is this WIN or LIN BPQ?

                    If you are in need of more help feel free to contact me directly.

                    73

                    Mike N9PMO
                    BPQ32 Group Moderator
                    www.n9pmo.com
                  • Dave Webb
                    Message 9 of 9 , Aug 31, 2014
                      Jon
                      Do you have different ports for the same function on each computer?
                      Then you need to program the router so each computer has it's own static IP and direct the desired port to the desired computer.

                      73
                      Dave
                      WB2HVF