How Do I Create a PMS in BPQ32 ?

  • zl4ax
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 28, 2012
      Please can anyone assist me with step-by-step instructions how to create a PMS within my BPQ32 Node?
      I'm currently running my Node with a single radio port, and a stand-alone radio-linked PMS on a TNC in the house, with it's own seperate radio and power supply.
      Needless to say, my power bill is getting out-of-control, and I need to move the PMS into the main BPQ32 computer system, so I can turn off my wasteful external mailbox.

      I have no technical or computer knowledge. I've confronted this task previously, and been defeated. When I've asked for help before, I received excellent helpful replies, but all too detailed and in-depth technical to understand.

      Please could anyone actually tell me simple step-by-step instructions how to set up a PMS within my BPQ32 Node? I just need it spelled out to me as if you were talking to a child who's never done this before, and needs every point explained.

      This must be the best place in the world to find help. I just need to hook up with someone very patient. Please help.

      Many thanks
      Paul ZL4AX New Zealand
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
        E-Mailed Direct

        Mike N9PMO

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
          I run BPQMailChat off the node for a PMS and retrieve my mail from another BBS by polling, that I connect to. The sysop of that bbs set me up as a BBS for my mail and bulletins I request. If you don't have it running already for another purpose, that would be in my opinion, the easiest way to go.
          73
          Dave WB2HVF

          On 12/30/2012 11:31 AM, Mike wrote:

          E-Mailed Direct