out of date WL2K gateway software

  • k9drh@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 28, 2012
      Well I don't see any one else asking the question so I will start the ball rolling.
      Yesterday I got email from [Winlink_Programs_Group] Gateway Stations Software Updates Needed
      Seems as though Winlink beleives BPQ should be at version 6.0.0

      Program Version
      RMS Packet 2.1.7.0
      RMS Pactor 2.2.7.0
      RMS Winmor 1.1.1.1
      RMS Trimode 1.1.7.0
      RMS Relay 2.2.7.0
      RMS Gateway 2.2.0
      BPQ32 6.0.0

      Do you have a release date yet?

      73
      Dave K9DRH
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
        Dave,

        BPQ32 Version 6 is the base for an experimental port to linux, Unfortuately the way the wl2k system gets its version info doesn't differentiate between live and experimental software. As far as WL2K functions are concerned version 5.2.9.x is current.

        Maybe I'll have to renumber the current release to 6.0.1.x to keep their system tidy.

        73, John

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
            Thanks John,
            I thought it was something silly like that but thought I would ask just in case.
            there are an aweful lot of us on the left side as out of date.
            73 Dave

            > Dave,
            >
            > BPQ32 Version 6 is the base for an experimental port to linux, Unfortuately
            > the way the wl2k system gets its version info doesn't differentiate between
            > live and experimental software. As far as WL2K functions are concerned
            > version 5.2.9.x is current.
            >
            > Maybe I'll have to renumber the current release to 6.0.1.x to keep their
            > system tidy.
            >
            > 73, John
            >

            > _____

          • Matthew Pitts
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012

              Well, when it's one of the developers that posted the message in the Winlink group and another group that I'm a member of has posted an updated version that IS on that list, I'd believe it.

              Matthew Pitts
              N8OHU

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012
                Hi Matt,

                A few of us are running tests versions of BPQ that are 6.0.0 and its possible John did not remove the WL2K reporting of version number from the test copies. Rest assured....I think the new version is coming out very soon as we talked about it yesterday.

                Ken KD6PGI

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 29, 2012

                  I was just referring to the idea that the methodology is imperfect and may be miss reporting version numbers for one reason or another.. And that was in deed the case..

                  Happy New Year!!!

                  Plus I was dying to send an email from my Klu tablet… lol

                  Not intending to offend anyone.. Just have seen before where version numbers have been wrong.. My opinion of wrong data was not meant as anything but the fact that bad data in gives bad data out.. And it has happened before…. And even at that.. good data in may still be bad data out if the database ever gest corrupted…

                  73 Jerry N9LYA