Re: uz7ho soundmodem connect request

  • Don P
    Message 1 of 13 , Dec 22, 2012
      I think what the prob is running it wine. It seems to run fine in wine accept for accepting connects. I have used the soundmodem in windows with no prob so my experiment for wine is done apparently LOL

      I am setup to forward with N9LYA, I can see him trying to connect but that is it. He uses junbbs-1 so it forces the hf connect.

      > If you are using the UZ7HO driver, the modem accepts connects to the calls
      > it has been configured with. It then passes a "connected" message to BPQ.
      > The calls it should accept connects to are all your applcalls, and the port
      > call if it is specified. If no port call is specified, it should accept
      > calls to your Nodecall.
      >
      > What are your configured calls, and which one are you testing calls to?

    • donaldgporter
      Message 2 of 13 , Dec 22, 2012
        Thanks for the info

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "Steve Daniels" <steve@...> wrote:

        > Dire Wolf sound modem works well and includes AGW and KISS over IP. So you
        > can run things like HWVSP to provide a virtual com port.
        >
        > http://home.comcast.net/~wb2osz/site/
        >
        > and the latest Beta tries to correct data., it not on general release (the
        > beta)
        >
        > But having tested seems to work better than UZ7HO modem
        >

        > Steve Daniels
        >
        > Amateur Radio Callsign G6UIM
        >
        > Torbay Freecycle Owner

        > APRSISCE/32 Beta tester and WIKI editor http://aprsisce.wikidot.com
        >

        > _____

      • Don P
        Message 3 of 13 , Dec 22, 2012
          Have you tried it with bpq?

          Message 4 of 13 , Dec 23, 2012
            Don,

            Connects to junbbs-1 will not work. It is not one of the applcalls or nore/port call.

            John

            href="mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com">BPQ32@yahoogroups.com [mailto:BPQ32@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Mark

            Message 5 of 13 , Dec 23, 2012
              Hi Steve,

              I tried it with two differnet souind cards, and in both cases got

              Could not open audio device for input.
              Pointless to continue without audio device.

              Any idesa what I might be doing wrong?
              John

              Message 6 of 13 , Dec 23, 2012
                I've now got it going using a SIgnalink, but it appears only to accept UI frames from the host (and, to be fair, the documetation does say it is for APRS), so it does not seem to be an alternative for general packet use.

                Message 7 of 13 , Dec 23, 2012
                  Ok, thanks, John

                  The INBBS-1 works when the kam is in use so thought maybe the soundmodem would be ok too. Thanks for the help.