Re: Winlink interface

  • msq982
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
      I have been running G8BPQ with Telpac for over a year now and about
      a month ago I moved to RMS with the same setup. Both have been
      extremely stable over the long term. I use it for station to station
      L3 and L4 connections. AXIP links are also easy to setup.

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "k9rki" <k9rki@...> wrote:

      > With all the big effort in the USA about interconnecting
      > with Winlink can BPQ be set up to work directly into
      > Winlink, perhaps looking as a Telpac station. Would be
      > nice to have a node and the interface all in one package.
      > Ron, k9rki
      > /ex

    • dshults
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2008
        Hi Mark,
        John includes two utilities for this. BPQTNC2 creates the TNC2
        emulator link to a real or virtual com port. VCOMConfig loops
        back these ports to BPQ ports. Just make sure you select
        virtual com ports not already used by real com ports. Once this
        is set up, start a Winlink packet port (I run 4-5) and configure
        it for one of the virtual ports.

        I used to run the old version of BPQTNC2 under Win95/Win98 for
        many years but XP would not support DOS apps under the OS. John
        was kind enough to build a new set of utilities to support this
        function under XP. So... we can keep all the great features of
        BPQ and pass packet traffic back and forth across pactor II/III
        links.

        I also run BPQEther to pass traffic to the other BBS in the shack,
        SNOS... which links into the local packet backbones.

        ... Duane N7QDN

        --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:

        > I run Telpac here linked to BPQ using AGWtoBPQ. This works fine. I
        will
        > be testing the beta release of RMS shortly.
        >
        > Duane, when you say you 'create a BPQ link into one or more Winlink
        > packet windows', what application are you using to do that ?
        >
        > - Mark K2CAN
        >
        > dshults wrote:
        > >

        > > Ron,
        > > Take a look at BPQTNC2 and VCOMConfig in the BPQ32 package.
        > > I've been running this interface for a few years now to
        > > create a BPQ link into one or more Winlink packet windows.
        > >
        > > ... Duane N7QDN
        > >
        > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
        40yahoogroups.com>, "k9rki"
        > > <k9rki@> wrote:
        > >>
        > >> With all the big effort in the USA about interconnecting
        > >> with Winlink can BPQ be set up to work directly into
        > >> Winlink, perhaps looking as a Telpac station. Would be
        > >> nice to have a node and the interface all in one package.
        > >> Ron, k9rki
        > >> /ex

        2/13/2008 8:00 PM