Re: Winlink interface

  • dshults
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
      Ron,
      Take a look at BPQTNC2 and VCOMConfig in the BPQ32 package.
      I've been running this interface for a few years now to
      create a BPQ link into one or more Winlink packet windows.

      ... Duane N7QDN

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "k9rki" <k9rki@...> wrote:

      > With all the big effort in the USA about interconnecting
      > with Winlink can BPQ be set up to work directly into
      > Winlink, perhaps looking as a Telpac station. Would be
      > nice to have a node and the interface all in one package.
      > Ron, k9rki
      > /ex

    • Mark Harloff
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
        I run Telpac here linked to BPQ using AGWtoBPQ. This works fine. I will
        be testing the beta release of RMS shortly.

        Duane, when you say you 'create a BPQ link into one or more Winlink
        packet windows', what application are you using to do that ?

        - Mark K2CAN

        dshults wrote:

        > Ron,
        > Take a look at BPQTNC2 and VCOMConfig in the BPQ32 package.
        > I've been running this interface for a few years now to
        > create a BPQ link into one or more Winlink packet windows.
        >
        > ... Duane N7QDN
        >
        > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%40yahoogroups.com>, "k9rki"
        > <k9rki@...> wrote:
        >>
        >> With all the big effort in the USA about interconnecting
        >> with Winlink can BPQ be set up to work directly into
        >> Winlink, perhaps looking as a Telpac station. Would be
        >> nice to have a node and the interface all in one package.
        >> Ron, k9rki
        >> /ex

      • msq982
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
          I have been running G8BPQ with Telpac for over a year now and about
          a month ago I moved to RMS with the same setup. Both have been
          extremely stable over the long term. I use it for station to station
          L3 and L4 connections. AXIP links are also easy to setup.

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, "k9rki" <k9rki@...> wrote:

          > With all the big effort in the USA about interconnecting
          > with Winlink can BPQ be set up to work directly into
          > Winlink, perhaps looking as a Telpac station. Would be
          > nice to have a node and the interface all in one package.
          > Ron, k9rki
          > /ex

        • dshults
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 19, 2008
            Hi Mark,
            John includes two utilities for this. BPQTNC2 creates the TNC2
            emulator link to a real or virtual com port. VCOMConfig loops
            back these ports to BPQ ports. Just make sure you select
            virtual com ports not already used by real com ports. Once this
            is set up, start a Winlink packet port (I run 4-5) and configure
            it for one of the virtual ports.

            I used to run the old version of BPQTNC2 under Win95/Win98 for
            many years but XP would not support DOS apps under the OS. John
            was kind enough to build a new set of utilities to support this
            function under XP. So... we can keep all the great features of
            BPQ and pass packet traffic back and forth across pactor II/III
            links.

            I also run BPQEther to pass traffic to the other BBS in the shack,
            SNOS... which links into the local packet backbones.

            ... Duane N7QDN

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, Mark Harloff <mharloff@...> wrote:

            > I run Telpac here linked to BPQ using AGWtoBPQ. This works fine. I
            will
            > be testing the beta release of RMS shortly.
            >
            > Duane, when you say you 'create a BPQ link into one or more Winlink
            > packet windows', what application are you using to do that ?
            >
            > - Mark K2CAN
            >
            > dshults wrote:
            > >

            > > Ron,
            > > Take a look at BPQTNC2 and VCOMConfig in the BPQ32 package.
            > > I've been running this interface for a few years now to
            > > create a BPQ link into one or more Winlink packet windows.
            > >
            > > ... Duane N7QDN
            > >
            > > --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com <mailto:BPQ32%
            40yahoogroups.com>, "k9rki"
            > > <k9rki@> wrote:
            > >>
            > >> With all the big effort in the USA about interconnecting
            > >> with Winlink can BPQ be set up to work directly into
            > >> Winlink, perhaps looking as a Telpac station. Would be
            > >> nice to have a node and the interface all in one package.
            > >> Ron, k9rki
            > >> /ex

            2/13/2008 8:00 PM