Re: [BPQ32] Winmor tail

  • D D GABLER Owner
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 10, 2012
      It started doing this at about 1.4.1 or so, don't know how to get around it though.

      Dennis W5DG

      Seem to have an excessive tail after winmor quits.  It signs and then has the ptt held up but with no audio for 5-9 seconds.

      Wimor is the latest version is there some way to release it faster that someone might know about.

      Jay

    • Mark Taylor
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 10, 2012
        > Seem to have an excessive tail after winmor quits. It signs and then
        > has the ptt held up but with no audio for 5-9 seconds.
        >
        > Wimor is the latest version is there some way to release it faster that
        > someone might know about.
        >
        > Jay

        I have not noticed it doing this. Other than the ID and the end I see
        nothing strange. I'll have to look this afternoon when I get home.
      • ws7ik7tj@gmail.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Dec 31, 2012
          Are there just two of us running bpq32 and Winmor that are having this problem ? Sent problem to both John and to Rick KN6KB both with no response in either case. Its after the ID that it hangs and winmor catches it after 15 seconds and shuts down PTT. Same exact setup with RMS Express doesn't do it.

          Dedicated soundcard and dedicated port that works with M110 all Ham Radio Deluxe, XP system. Direct serial card to motherboard.

          Also is there any command in bpq32 to over-ride the busy channel ? I happen to have a carrier right in the center of the passband of the channel where this stuff sits. Have to turn off RF gain to get it to work. Squelch doesn't seem to do much in the 1.4.5.0 Winmor.

          Jay WS7I

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, D D GABLER Owner <dgabler@...> wrote:

          > It started doing this at about 1.4.1 or so, don't know how to get around it though.
          >
          > Dennis W5DG

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 12 , Dec 31, 2012

            Jay…  I will watch my system this afternoon and see if I see this happening.. I have been fighting issues where I lose  the ability to hear on any of my 18 Ports ie Packet pactor winmor RPR.. and only a reboot fixes it.. Not had time to investigate planned on watching for it again with debug running… today and tomorrow.. I will watch my Winmor ports as well I use mine for both BBS Forwarding and RMS messaging…

            I will give you an update…

            Happy New Year..

            73 jerry

            Are there just two of us running bpq32 and Winmor that are having this problem ? Sent problem to both John and to Rick KN6KB both with no response in either case. Its after the ID that it hangs and winmor catches it after 15 seconds and shuts down PTT. Same exact setup with RMS Express doesn't do it.

            Dedicated soundcard and dedicated port that works with M110 all Ham Radio Deluxe, XP system. Direct serial card to motherboard.

            Also is there any command in bpq32 to over-ride the busy channel ? I happen to have a carrier right in the center of the passband of the channel where this stuff sits. Have to turn off RF gain to get it to work. Squelch doesn't seem to do much in the 1.4.5.0 Winmor.

            Jay WS7I

            --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, D D GABLER Owner <dgabler@...> wrote:

            > It started doing this at about 1.4.1 or so, don't know how to get around it though.
            >
            > Dennis W5DG

          • Daryll Webb
            Message 5 of 12 , Dec 31, 2012
              I have seen where rf keeps radio keyed, have u tried turning down power out?
              Buster kg9nd

              Are there just two of us running bpq32 and Winmor that are having this problem ? Sent problem to both John and to Rick KN6KB both with no response in either case. Its after the ID that it hangs and winmor catches it after 15 seconds and shuts down PTT. Same exact setup with RMS Express doesn't do it.

              Dedicated soundcard and dedicated port that works with M110 all Ham Radio Deluxe, XP system. Direct serial card to motherboard.

              Also is there any command in bpq32 to over-ride the busy channel ? I happen to have a carrier right in the center of the passband of the channel where this stuff sits. Have to turn off RF gain to get it to work. Squelch doesn't seem to do much in the 1.4.5.0 Winmor.

              Jay WS7I

              --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, D D GABLER Owner <dgabler@...> wrote:

              > It started doing this at about 1.4.1 or so, don't know how to get around it though.
              >
              > Dennis W5DG

            • Jerry
              Message 6 of 12 , Dec 31, 2012

                I do not see any winmor TAIL on my system… It sends the ID at the end and disconnects within a few seconds..

                I also am not seeing any deterioration of my ports like I saw a couple weeks ago.. At that time I had not rebooted or changed a thing in months and the previous 10 days my heard list was unchanged no one heard for 9+ days.. A reboot fixed that.. Maybe running for months without a restart was my issue.. Not sure what to think of the winmor tail.. I will keep watching mine for a couple more days. 73

                Happy New Year

                Are there just two of us running bpq32 and Winmor that are having this problem ? Sent problem to both John and to Rick KN6KB both with no response in either case. Its after the ID that it hangs and winmor catches it after 15 seconds and shuts down PTT. Same exact setup with RMS Express doesn't do it.

                Dedicated soundcard and dedicated port that works with M110 all Ham Radio Deluxe, XP system. Direct serial card to motherboard.

                Also is there any command in bpq32 to over-ride the busy channel ? I happen to have a carrier right in the center of the passband of the channel where this stuff sits. Have to turn off RF gain to get it to work. Squelch doesn't seem to do much in the 1.4.5.0 Winmor.

                Jay WS7I

                --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, D D GABLER Owner <dgabler@...> wrote:

                > It started doing this at about 1.4.1 or so, don't know how to get around it though.
                >
                > Dennis W5DG

              • Sergej
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
                  > Are there just two of us running bpq32 and Winmor that are having this problem ?

                  +1 more.
                  Same symptom - bpq32 with winmor ver.1.4.4 hold PTT for ~15sec after
                  QSO end or call attempt.

                  Solved by back to Winmor ver. 1.4.1.0

                  73 & hny
                  Sergej
                  ut1hzm/uz2hz
                • Dennis Gabler
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
                    This is the only "fix" I have found too. It seems to have started at
                    1.4.2.0.

                    Dennis W5DG

                    On 1/1/2013 3:23 PM, Sergej wrote:
                    > +1 more.
                    > Same symptom - bpq32 with winmor ver.1.4.4 hold PTT for ~15sec after
                    > QSO end or call attempt.
                    >
                    > Solved by back to Winmor ver. 1.4.1.0
                    >
                    > 73 & hny
                    > Sergej
                    > ut1hzm/uz2hz

                  • N9ACQ
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013

                      Serge

                                      I also run WINMOR with BPQ but I only use Paclink to drive it, as well as force inbound connections to RMS Packet. I have not experienced the problem you are describing.

                      73 Bill

                      N9ACQ

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
                        I've just tried Winmor 1.4.4

                        From the WINMOR TNC Log:

                        2013/01/01 21:56:26.73 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: PTT True
                        2013/01/01 21:56:28.58 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: PTT False
                        2013/01/01 21:56:29.81 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: NEWSTATE SENDID
                        2013/01/01 21:56:29.88 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: PTT True
                        2013/01/01 21:56:31.70 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: PTT False
                        2013/01/01 21:56:31.72 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: DISCONNECTED
                        2013/01/01 21:56:31.76 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: PTT True
                        2013/01/01 21:56:31.94 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: NEWSTATE DISCONNECTED
                        2013/01/01 21:56:44.92 [1.4.4.0] Command Received: BUFFERS
                        2013/01/01 21:56:45.09 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: BUFFERS 0 0 0 0 0
                        2013/01/01 21:56:45.14 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: CMD
                        2013/01/01 21:56:46.54 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: BUSY FALSE
                        2013/01/01 21:56:46.82 [1.4.4.0] [WMInterface.tmrPoll_Tick] PTT Active after 15 sec, Kill PTT
                        2013/01/01 21:56:46.84 [1.4.4.0] Send Reply: PTT False

                        Looks like the TNC is raising PTT after sending the ID, and not dropping it for 15 secs. Obviously this will not affect those using a Signalink, or similar interface with audio-derived PTT, which is maybe why more people haven't reported a problem

                        I've also tried it with CWID enabled (CWID True in the BPQ32 config), and thats sems to cure the problem.

                        I'll email Rick with the details.

                        73, John

                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 1, 2013
                          This has been there since 1.4.2.2.0, I bought a Signalink so it does not keep the rig keyed after a disconnect.

                          Dennis W5DG

                          On 1/1/2013 4:44 PM, John Wiseman wrote:
                          I've just tried Winmor 1.4.4

                          From the WINMOR TNC Log: