Re: opening com 1 in bpq

  • Dennis Nelson
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
      Did you try with only one port instead of the 2 port config. You may also want to check your speed on the tnc is 9600. It's possible that the rs232 speeds
      may not be matched. Dennis.

    • Don P
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
        I have one port at a time vhf/ hf...Both with the same result...

        However, if I open both ports the result is:

        com1 channel b opens and channel A won't

        However, channel B won't tx

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
          What error messagre do you get?

          John

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
            Hi, John

            That com1 can't be opened...No specific error message, I should have clarified that...

            > What error messagre do you get?

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
              Don

              Right click on My Computer, Left click on Properties, Hardware Tab,
              Device manager, then down to Ports (COM & LPT) click on the + mark
              To expand, this will tell you if Communications port 1 is available
              Or has an error, an error will be indicated with a red or yellow
              Mark over the port.

              You should increase the BAUD rate to 19200 in bpq32.cfg and TNC,
              Any BUAD rate less on a dual port TNC may cause problems.

              Mike N9PMO