opening com 1 in bpq

  • Don P
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
      I can access my kam via com 1 using a terminal program and place the kam into kiss: kissmode on, reset

      However, I get an error from bpq on com 1 when starting

      PORT ; KAM TNC HF Packet Port
      PORTNUM=3 ; Optional but sets port number if stated
      ID=BPQ 7.1035 KAM ; Displayed by PORTS command
      TYPE=ASYNC ; Port is RS232 Com
      PROTOCOL=KISS ; TNC is used in KISS mode
      FULLDUP=0 ; Only meaningful for KISS devices
      IOADDR=1 ; 1 = SERIAL PORT COM1 ETC.
      SPEED=9600 ; RS232 COM PORT SPEED
      CHANNEL=B ; A for single channel TNC, A or B for multichannel
      PERSIST=200 ; PERSIST=256/(# of transmitters-1)
      SLOTTIME=100 ; CMSA interval timer in milliseconds
      TXDELAY=760 ; Transmit keyup delay in milliseconds
      TXTAIL=83 ; TX key down, in milliseconds, at packet end;
      QUALITY=0 ; Quality factor applied to node broadcasts heard on
      ; this port, unless overridden by a locked route
      ; entry. Setting to 0 stops node broadcasts
      MINQUAL=172 ; Entries in the nodes table with qualities greater or
      ; equal to MINQUAL will be sent on this port. A value
      ; of 0 sends everything.
      MAXFRAME=1 ; Max outstanding frames (1 thru 7)
      FRACK=5000 ; Level 2 timout in milliseconds
      RESPTIME=4000 ; Level 2 delayed ack timer in milliseconds
      RETRIES=8 ; Level 2 maximum retry value
      PACLEN=40 ; Default max packet length for this port
      UNPROTO=Nodes: ; BTEXT broadcast addrs format: DEST[,digi1[,digi2]]
      BCALL=w9jun-1 ; BTEXT call. unstated defaults to APPL1CALL
      L3ONLY=0 ; 1=No user downlink connects on this port
      DIGIFLAG=0 ; Digipeat: 0=OFF, 1=ALL, 255=UI Only
      DIGIPORT=0 ; Port on which to send digi'd frames (0 = same port)
      USERS=1 ; Maximum number of L2 sessions, 0 = no limit
      WL2KREPORT PUBLIC, www.winlink.org, 8778, W9JUN-10, EM78gs, 00-23, 7103500, PKT300, 50, 20, 3, 0
      ENDPORT
    • Dennis Nelson
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
        Did you try with only one port instead of the 2 port config. You may also want to check your speed on the tnc is 9600. It's possible that the rs232 speeds
        may not be matched. Dennis.

      • Don P
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2012
          I have one port at a time vhf/ hf...Both with the same result...

          However, if I open both ports the result is:

          com1 channel b opens and channel A won't

          However, channel B won't tx

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
            What error messagre do you get?

            John

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
              Hi, John

              That com1 can't be opened...No specific error message, I should have clarified that...

              > What error messagre do you get?

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 10, 2012
                Don

                Right click on My Computer, Left click on Properties, Hardware Tab,
                Device manager, then down to Ports (COM & LPT) click on the + mark
                To expand, this will tell you if Communications port 1 is available
                Or has an error, an error will be indicated with a red or yellow
                Mark over the port.

                You should increase the BAUD rate to 19200 in bpq32.cfg and TNC,
                Any BUAD rate less on a dual port TNC may cause problems.

                Mike N9PMO