BPQ32 and DXSpider

  • Ron Stordahl N5IN
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2008
      Anyone using BPQ32 with DXSpider? I have a few questions if you are
      successfully doing this.

      Ron, N5IN
    • Roger Cooke
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2008
        Hi Ron.

          My system is still working ok, if I can be of help.

        73 de Roger, G3LDI

        Ron Stordahl N5IN <ron_n5in@...> wrote:
        Anyone using BPQ32 with DXSpider? I have a few questions if you are
        successfully doing this.

        Ron, N5IN

        Regards from Roger, G3LDI
        Swardeston, Norfolk.

        Sent from Yahoo! - a smarter inbox.

      • Ron Stordahl
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
          Roger

          I took a quick look at the DXSpider Installation Manual v.150 March 2003 rev 0.7, and also the version of the same at the DXSpider wiki.  With regard to AGWPE they seem to be identical.  It appears that from the DXSpider side it's a mater of editing the file AGWConect.pm appropriately and it appears to be clearly explained...in that file:

          set $enable to 1
          set $login and $passwd to the values set up in your AGW installation.  If you haven't set any there, then you should not touch these values.
          You can connect to a remove AGW engine (ie on some other machine) by changing $addr and $port appropriately
          Restart the cluster.pl program.

          I would guess you have $addr set as 127.0.0.1 and $port as 8000?

          I would like a copy of your AGWConnect.pm file please.

          From the AGWtoBPQ side the typical settings would be:

          TCP Port 8000
          Listening Sessions 20
          Appl Mask 0x1
          Loop TXed Raw Frames - not checked
          Loop TXed Mon Frames - not checked.

          Of course the ApplMask would depending upon what you have in your APPLICATIONS= param string in bpqcfg.txt.

          So I would also like a copy of your bpqcfg.txt file.

          Looking back in the archives I think you did initally have some difficulty getting the interface working...was there something here that could trip up a person, if so perhaps I need to address that.

          Ron, N5IN