Re: Newbie question

  • Larry
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012
      Thanks Dave,

      I know the KAM+ can do true dual mode operation but I think it has to be in HOST mode to do it. It works great that way with XPWARE. I also have a KAMXL I can try but I am so new to BPQ I am still learning the in's and out's of it. If and when I get it figured out, I will post the info.

      Thanks to all who replied to me.

      73 - Larry - WD5CFJ

      --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, KD6PGI <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

      > Hi fellas,
      >
      > Actually the Kam+ can operate dual port........here are the docs....
      >
      > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/KAMPactor.htm
      >
      > Ken KD6PGI
      >

      > On 11/27/2012 9:09 PM, Dave wrote:
      > >
      > > Larry
      > > I believe all or most of the DLL's have been combined into the main
      > > BPQ32.dll that is located in on of the system folders.
      > > I don't know if it is needed but I still have it listed in the KAM
      > > port config of the bpq32.cfg file.
      > > I use it for pactor only. I don't think the KAM+ can be used dual
      > > port. If I am wrong I also would like to know how. For VHF, I think it
      > > would be put into the KISS mode and used as a regular TNC.
      > > 73
      > > Dave
      > > WB2HVF
      > >
      > > On 11/27/2012 10:19 PM, Larry wrote:
      > >>
      > >> I have searched and am having no luck. Trying to find KamPactor.dll
      > >> to download. Possibly it is not needed for the latest version? I am
      > >> trying to use both ports on a KAM+ for our ARES EOC BBS. I have most
      > >> of it operational but difficulty with this.
      > >>
      > >> Thanks in advance.
      > >>
      > >> 73 - Larry - WD5CFJ

    • Larry
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012