Rig Control usign the SCS PTC Radio Port.

    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012
      Hi Folks,

      Is anyone using RigControl via the radio port on an SCS-PTC? I've been reviewing the code, and I cant see how it ever managed to read the frequency back from the rig.

      Thanks,
      John

      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012
        John,

        This may not be the exact answer you want but I have an SCS PTC-IIPRO and I use it with Airmail and an ICOM IC-M710 Marine radio. It does put the radio into "Remote Mode" and controls the frequencies, and PTT. I am using the 1/8" clone jack and not the DB9 connector. It also controls my ICOM 756 PROIII with RMS Express in Pactor peer to peer mode. However RMS will not work the ICOM M710, think it has bugs in the code.

        For what it is worth....

        73 - Larry - WD5CFJ

        > Hi Folks,
        >
        > Is anyone using RigControl via the radio port on an SCS-PTC? I've been
        > reviewing the code, and I cant see how it ever managed to read the frequency
        > back from the rig.
        >
        > Thanks,

      • Larry
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012
          Thanks Dave,

          I know the KAM+ can do true dual mode operation but I think it has to be in HOST mode to do it. It works great that way with XPWARE. I also have a KAMXL I can try but I am so new to BPQ I am still learning the in's and out's of it. If and when I get it figured out, I will post the info.

          Thanks to all who replied to me.

          73 - Larry - WD5CFJ

          --- In BPQ32@yahoogroups.com, KD6PGI <kd6pgi@...> wrote:

          > Hi fellas,
          >
          > Actually the Kam+ can operate dual port........here are the docs....
          >
          > http://www.cantab.net/users/john.wiseman/Documents/KAMPactor.htm
          >
          > Ken KD6PGI
          >

          > On 11/27/2012 9:09 PM, Dave wrote:
          > >
          > > Larry
          > > I believe all or most of the DLL's have been combined into the main
          > > BPQ32.dll that is located in on of the system folders.
          > > I don't know if it is needed but I still have it listed in the KAM
          > > port config of the bpq32.cfg file.
          > > I use it for pactor only. I don't think the KAM+ can be used dual
          > > port. If I am wrong I also would like to know how. For VHF, I think it
          > > would be put into the KISS mode and used as a regular TNC.
          > > 73
          > > Dave
          > > WB2HVF
          > >
          > > On 11/27/2012 10:19 PM, Larry wrote:
          > >>
          > >> I have searched and am having no luck. Trying to find KamPactor.dll
          > >> to download. Possibly it is not needed for the latest version? I am
          > >> trying to use both ports on a KAM+ for our ARES EOC BBS. I have most
          > >> of it operational but difficulty with this.
          > >>
          > >> Thanks in advance.
          > >>
          > >> 73 - Larry - WD5CFJ

        • Larry
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 28, 2012