BPQ config using SignaLink and TS-940 (Piexx interface)

  • k9ctb
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 25, 2012
      Hi All ...

      Hat in hand here as usual. You folks are doing APRS and stuff way advanced to me. I'll get there, but probably not in this lifetime ;-)

      Background: I can not get BPQ32 to work reliably with my IC-746pro and Microham USB III interface. Sometimes at random intervals, the transmitter will not drop and go into the receive mode during a winmor link. The tx light just stays on and the other station gives up. So I've decided to change my entire setup.

      I've gone to my SignaLink USB and TS-940 with Piexx interface. I have it working with RMS express and winmor perfectly. I cannot, however, get it to work with BPQ 32. I think it's a problem in my RIGCONTROL line (since the SignaLink is basically a VOX setup as far as BPQ is concerned. My CONFIG and RIGCONTROL line looks like this (retyped):

      CONFIG
      ADDR 127.0.0.1 8500 PATH C:\Program Files\BPQ32\WINMOR TNC\Winmor TNC.exe
      RIGCONTROL
      COM3 4800 Kenwood TS-940
      3,7.061,usb

      Of course, since my TS-940 uses the Piexx interface, by this setup, it gives a confirmation "beep" every three seconds. I wanted to get rid of the last line since it stays on 7.061 anyway and does not scan or switch anyway. But I left it for now until it will work.

      What happens now is that I can try to forward a message to someone (I have one in queue for him), and all that happens is that the distant station comes up on the console as if we're ready to forward something, but then drops off within a second or so without winmor even trying to initiate a connect. I think the trouble is with my syntax shown above, but I'm not exactly sure. Is this something someone may have a quick fix for?

      73 and thanks in advance,
      Neil Xenias
      K9CTB
      Indianapolis
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2012
        Neil,

        There should by **** following the last RIGCONTROL line. But if you want to stay on one frequency, just get rid of all the RICONTROL lines. However, I doubt it that would cause the forward to fail immediately - this is more likely a forwarding script error. What appears in the BBS monitor window when you try to forward?

        73, John